News:

"You Tube" footage of the C5alive meetings
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=303.0

Author Topic: One year on !  (Read 5406 times)

Karl

One year on !
« on: 07, April, 2009 - 08:49:04 »
On the 12th of this month I will have been at the helm of c5alive for a whole year !

Looking back at a brief summary of what we have achieved, it's quite impressive ;

A new updated forum that's well supported.
Revamped the shop & restored its reputation.
Developed the meetings and events section - plus we've appeared on radio, television, BBC Internet News and in various magazines and newspapers.
We've attended the Welsh Autofest, Ardingly Historic Vehicles Rally, Amberley Working Museum Micro-car Rally, Brooklands Museum Vintage Cycle event & Brooklands Test Hill Centenary.

The meetings and events section shows the momentum is continuing, with invites back to several of these events, and invites to a few new ones. There is a healthy list of meetings for the future as well.

Overall I am really pleased  :)

The list above shows how busy we've been, and it has been fun , but we do want to make a few changes.

Martin will continue to offer all the techy stuff on his C5martin site , including all Pod & Control box repairs etc. The c5alive shop side will point you in his direction. He will still help out with queries on the forum and attend various meetings etc., and offers his support where he can.   

I want to continue with evolving c5alive into more of a Sinclair c5 Owners Club, but still keeping the shop side attached. 

The number of phone calls we've been getting about c5 stuff is getting a bit intrusive, so we've opted for emails instead. Although I'm happy chatting away on the phone about all things C5, it does take up a lot of time - especially when I'm at work  :P   

To sum it all up, it has been an absolute blast so far - and looking good for the future  :D

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
Re: One year on !
« Reply #1 on: 07, April, 2009 - 09:35:22 »
Is it only a year, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the new and improved C5 Alive. Things are going great from my point of view, i can't believe its only a year, i think you Angie and Martin have done so much for the C5 and its owners, many thanks for for being the face of C5 Alive.

Retro Andy

Offline Kurt

• Battery level: 2
« Reply #2 on: 07, April, 2009 - 18:29:28 »
I remember you keep telling me about the C5 at work and about the purchase of C5Alive and I can not believe that a year has gone already.

You convinced me to go on the Crawley run the next month with yourself, Angie, Martin and Steve in what is now 'Jetpac' as a loner and I was well and truly hooked, buying 'Jetpac' from you at the end of the day still wearing my C5 smile.

We have been on some fantastic meets and runs since then and rain, shine and severe sunburn the C5 smile is still there.

A massive thanks to Karl, Angie and Martin for all of their hard work, effort and enthusiam you have put into making the website, shop and club such a success. Also a big thanks to Steve for his tranportation skills.

You really have been flying the flag of the fun and joy the C5 is.

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
« Reply #3 on: 07, April, 2009 - 20:29:30 »
And I'm glad to have found C5Alive and joined the club. One of my better decisions.

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 07, April, 2009 - 22:26:50 »
Cheers for the comments guys  8) Martin, Angie and I do appreciate them  ;)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #5 on: 08, April, 2009 - 08:53:33 »
Your welcome.

Retro Andy

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
« Reply #6 on: 08, April, 2009 - 19:28:16 »
Whe i decided to see about getting a C5, this was the first site i came accross.
I have no knowledge of the ' old ' C5alive, but from posting on this one ( although not that often ), asking questions by email, and looking at the amount of publicity - both tv and events - that you are doing, then i'd say you've done a great job  :)

blabblub

« Reply #7 on: 08, April, 2009 - 20:30:46 »
Hey Karl !

Well done m8 , who would have thought as we cuddled up in the 4x4 that you would still be at the helm 12 months later .

I am still waiting for the Gazebo section to be created !!!

Congrats you are doing a fantastic job , keep it up

Blabblubububububububububububub

Karl

« Reply #8 on: 08, April, 2009 - 21:41:16 »
.... who would have thought as we cuddled up in the 4x4 ......
Blabblubububububububububububub

....I thought you were going top keep that "all nighter" secret  :o ;D

...the Gazebo Origami was certainly a unique early morning event, and very unusual preparation for a 15mile C5 run in the the Welsh rain  :D 

Strangely enough I still look back on that weekend with fond memories !

blabblub

« Reply #9 on: 09, April, 2009 - 11:44:23 »
Yeah strangely enough I too have fond memories of that weekend

I don't know why coz the weather was horrendous what with the torrential rain n gale force winds n all that

What amazed me was the the fact that everyone else appeared to SLEEP ( I don't think so ! You know who you are !!!!) when there were airborne gazebos with several Sinclair batteries attached to them flying around the car park.

Still ! a cracking weekend though !!! ;D

Blabblububububub