News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: ** Sold ** Sinclair C5 for sale - Crawley  (Read 8258 times)

Karl

** Sold ** Sinclair C5 for sale - Crawley
« on: 20, October, 2009 - 19:32:01 »
http://www.gumtree.com/london/96/45869696.html

Sinclair C5 for sale

If you are reading this advert you will probably know what a Sinclair C5 is. If not, it is a 3 wheeled, battery powered, single seater car that is capable of 15 mph (or more downhill).

The Sinclair C5 was first launched in 1984 by inventor Clive Sinclair. More than 10,000 C5s were sold, but are now becoming increasingly rare and more and more collectable.

I originally bought the C5 as a project and have since restored it. It was completely stripped down and the chassis was sand blasted and repainted. All the parts were cleaned before they were replaced.

The C5 includes some of the very rare parts that are becoming increasingly difficult to find, such as the chain tensioner and the front wheel covers (although the front wheel covers are not shown in the photographs, I do have them). The C5 has new tyres all round as the original ones were not road worthy, but I still have them and they will be included in the sale.

Both the front and back brake have had new cables fitted, both the brakes are working. The original brake levers are present and have been repainted black (the back brake lever has a catch on it, which acts as a handbrake). The nylon gearbox cog (which has become stripped on many C5s due to slipping drive belts) has been replaced with a metal cog and so is now much more durable. The drive belt has also been replaced.

The front light has been replaced with an LED bulb and a bulb holder and LED bulb has been fitted at the back. The instrument pod is fully working, giving information about the temperature of the motor and how much battery is remaining.

The foam handle bar cover is present as are the hand grips. A horn has been fitted using a microswitch under the left hand grip.

The C5 is fully working and drives well. I am only selling as I am now off to university and my parent want the garage space back.

I live in Crawley, near to Gatwick Airport and local pickup will have to be arranged. I will not post it or accept payment via PayPal.

Any questions feel free to ask and all offers will be considered.

Larger images can be seen here on my Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/petergriffiths/

Contact Details
Email: peterlgriffiths@yahoo.co.uk
Mobile Email: peterlgriffithsmob@yahoo.co.uk
Mobile: 07772551739

No connection to me  :D , but I have contacted the vendor and he confirms the C5 is still for sale at this time.

« Last Edit: 26, April, 2010 - 09:04:27 by BooBoo »

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
Re: Sinclair C5 for sale - Crawley (Gumtree advert)
« Reply #1 on: 21, October, 2009 - 07:16:02 »
A metal drive cog ? worth finding out more about.

Retro Andy

Offline alan1310

• Battery level: 5
  • i wish i was that man
« Reply #2 on: 21, October, 2009 - 10:22:06 »
it has odd hub cap centres

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 21, October, 2009 - 17:00:51 »
it has odd hub cap centres

..that will be some of these;
http://c5alive.co.uk/ecommerce/product_info.php?cPath=19&products_id=20&osCsid=4880e8be98492364864cc6aaf361f249

I've never met the vendor though he says he has seen me out and about in my mini-el  :D

Offline minimin

• Battery level: 0
« Reply #4 on: 21, October, 2009 - 22:09:54 »
Wow Karl, thats quite an achivement considering you only did 30 miles since MOT! Did the sitckers arrive?
Mark

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 22, October, 2009 - 09:50:02 »
Wow Karl, thats quite an achivement considering you only did 30 miles since MOT! Did the sitckers arrive?
Mark

..true, but then I could have done 30 x 1 mile journeys  ;D :D

I've had a note through my door telling me to collect a packet from my local post office. I'm assuming its the stickers  :)
« Last Edit: 22, October, 2009 - 18:04:35 by BooBoo »

Offline minimin

« Reply #6 on: 22, October, 2009 - 16:19:29 »
It shouldn't be - I took it to the post office  :o
If they try and charge for postage I have proof of posting here if needed.
Mark

Karl

« Reply #7 on: 22, October, 2009 - 18:04:09 »
It shouldn't be - I took it to the post office  :o
If they try and charge for postage I have proof of posting here if needed.
Mark

Yep-it was the stickers  :D

....relax though mate, they didnt want me to pay any excess charge or anything. Apparently it wouldnt fit through my letterbox so I had to go and collect it  ;)

Offline minimin

« Reply #8 on: 22, October, 2009 - 18:52:52 »
Great - glad to know they arrived safely.
Thanks
Mark

Karl

« Reply #9 on: 12, December, 2009 - 22:22:32 »
..looks like this might still be up for sale ?
http://www.gumtree.com/london/31/50388731.html

Karl

Re: (* Gumtree - advert removed *) Sinclair C5 for sale - Crawley
« Reply #10 on: 14, April, 2010 - 09:37:07 »

aff1971

Re: (* Gumtree advert *) Sinclair C5 for sale - Crawley
« Reply #11 on: 26, April, 2010 - 08:27:34 »
Hi all just to let you know this C5 is no longer for sale. I am the the owner. Bought it as a project but it all seems pretty good. Wouldnt will any concours but my son is very impressed and we hope to have lots of fun.

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #12 on: 26, April, 2010 - 08:46:45 »
Hi and welcome to C5alive - looks like you have a good C5 there. We hold meetings about once a month so feel free to come along and say hi. Any problems or questions just ask someone probably has had it before and will be able to offer some advice. Enjoy !!

Karl

« Reply #13 on: 26, April, 2010 - 09:03:48 »
Hi all just to let you know this C5 is no longer for sale. I am the the owner. Bought it as a project but it all seems pretty good. Wouldnt will any concours but my son is very impressed and we hope to have lots of fun.

Congratulations mate and welcome to the c5alive forum !

Just out of curiosity, did you see it advertised first on here or on Gumtree ? 

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
Re: ** Sold ** Sinclair C5 for sale - Crawley
« Reply #14 on: 27, April, 2010 - 18:23:38 »
Welcome to the forum and the C5 world  :)

Retro Andy