News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: Daily mail  (Read 2849 times)

c5virgin

Daily mail
« on: 15, June, 2011 - 23:15:10 »
Will be doing photo shoot in the morning for the daily mail, the reporter was alot more clued up than the local ones I have talked to and has had a look about the c5alive website. I did mention(thanks boo boo) the quote 'if you can see the white lines then why cant you see a c5?' He did ask me what a typical c5 owner was like and my reply was that a c5 owner was a normal man/woman who wanted a novel and unique mode of transport for work or pleasure, one that can adapt, fix and bodge if needed to get by, probably wont come out like that but will see what happens. I think the reason that the press are so interested in my story in particular is because i use mine for work alot, everyday if possible, and that its not really been seen around here for a while, I guess im lucky that the local rag took some pics and it has snowballed from there, to be honest im just happy to mention c5alive as much as possible to keep everything alive, in my opinion the c5 was 26 years too early. My next door neighbour used to be quite high up in texas instruments back in the 70s and 80s and he was saying that when sinclair brought out the watch and the calculator the americans and the japenese (casio in particular) crapped themselves because it came out the blue, totally took them by surprise. well thats enough nostalgia for one night and hopefully the press will be a little more gentle on the c5 when it come to publication!

Karl

Re: Daily mail
« Reply #1 on: 20, June, 2011 - 21:06:20 »
I didn't get a copy of the Daily Mail , but did see you in the "Metro" newspaper dated 16th June - well done  ;D;

..the Metro newspaper is also sponsoring and arranging an event in September that we've now been invited to ( www.ecovelocity.co.uk ) but the cost of a stand there was a bit too steep for us to consider so I've had to decline  :'(. I wish them well with the project , looks as though it will be a top event.

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #2 on: 21, June, 2011 - 06:17:26 »
Has the article been in the mail yet ?

Retro Andy.

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #3 on: 21, June, 2011 - 13:22:36 »
There was an article in Metro last Thursday as well, with the usual exagerrated values of C5 which can only be good for the value of the ones we all own

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
« Reply #4 on: 21, June, 2011 - 14:53:28 »
Well done for another paper appearance  ;D

And a shame that ecovelocity wanted to charge alot ... it looks like quite a good event.

Offline gowrings c5

• Battery level: 0
« Reply #5 on: 02, August, 2011 - 21:15:23 »
there was a mention of the c5 in the daily express today:

" sir clive sinclairs c5 was arguably ahead of its time but, likened to an electronic bathtub, its also claimed to have set back the cause by decades. the project was a commercial disaster and only 12000 were produced. mentions of electric cars still draw sniggers about golf buggies and milk floats-but thats all changing "