News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: Out late nipping to shops, snapped by local medai...  (Read 2580 times)

joggaeco

Out late nipping to shops, snapped by local medai...
« on: 21, October, 2011 - 22:16:10 »
I use my C5 as ofetn as I can, and just like a bike!

http://yfrog.com/j2kdwnj

copendriver

Re: Out late nipping to shops, snapped by local medai...
« Reply #1 on: 29, October, 2011 - 22:41:27 »
Hi

I too have a C5 in London. I'm based in SE London (Rotherhithe) & maybe we can hook up for a ride out sometime?

I'm based up in Manchester on a fixed term contract till June, however often down in London to get the C5 out for long weekends.

Glad to see you use yours practically, however when you are nipping to the shops how do you secure you C5 do you have a nifty solution or rely on good will alone?

Often use mine along the Thames path from Deptford bridge to London bridge and back to Rotherhithe.

If I buy a NEWER battery or another I can take out for a spare I'd very much like extend my range getting into some of central London and the parks too.

Neil 

joggaeco

« Reply #2 on: 30, October, 2011 - 03:01:58 »
Hi! Neil,

Good idea, meaning to get it into the city, to get some freelance footage of happenings, mqybe u can do the camera for us, I used to get my son to d o that, and daughters are not as easy to get to tag along!

A good battery is 85 amp, hold 160 + amps and just fits!

I am trying to get mine to changed from the unreliable control box, I know the sysyem chas has will do, £29.99 on ebay as harness, so just hopig the techy guys/girls can help.

I am near the dockland University UeL, but willing to take a route to the city as the crow flies.

Keep in touch via these threads/message.

Kindest regards,

Jogga :)

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 30, October, 2011 - 08:07:14 »
C5alive do wiring kits Jogga (the c5alive kit being offered first !), but neither will solve a problem with the Control Box. They simply replace the original Sinclair keyswitch system - but retain the control box and pod so that all original Sinclair functionality is kept.

joggaeco

« Reply #4 on: 03, November, 2011 - 19:59:57 »
Thanks for the info. :)

joggaeco

« Reply #5 on: 03, November, 2011 - 20:14:27 »
Securing the C5, well, good will is relied on in areas, where people just go ooh! aaah!, but I still keep a look!

Anywhere else, where people think it's ok to tae something not locked, I put a sign on the mast that says:

"DO NOT TOUCH, DANGER!"

Dinconnect the battery.  I did fit a key start, but have disconnected it and left the barrle in, so it gives the impression u need a key to start it!

and also lock it with a strong cable and a D LOCK,

Mostly I find myself giving impromptu lectures on the C5, as I get qestions about it, while I tuck into my picnic next to it.

I think owning one is one thing, being able to make it a reality usages is another, and I'm just out to encourage people to do what they would like to do in having physical fun and not give up on themslevse, age and ilnes creep upon you, and the grown up world is tough!