News:

"You Tube" footage of the C5alive meetings
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=303.0

Author Topic: C5 Original Charger specs.  (Read 9295 times)

aandu

Re: C5 Original Charger specs.
« Reply #15 on: 04, September, 2008 - 23:02:05 »
I was sunk in neck deep work the past couple of weeks... Hope to start work on the C5 again.

I have managed to buy a good leisure battery. A friend has loaned me his Halfords charger. When I connected it for charging, it came as charged after just 2-3 hours. So have to see if it really charged or if the intelligent charger is actually dumb.

Wizbat

« Reply #16 on: 04, September, 2008 - 23:54:07 »
Hi, I,m running a brand new liesure battery that,s 85 amps and It was first used on this sunday last, I stuck it on charge sunday night and at the mo it,s still storming!( been round the village lots of times :-) and up to the pub and the dash still shows both little green lights).
I take it from what was said earlier that a typical halfords car battery charger will knacker it, so whats the most suitable charger for this type of battery and where can I get it?
Wiz.

Offline fezza_rs

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #17 on: 05, September, 2008 - 09:06:00 »
No a decent autobattery charger will be just fine for it.

aandu

« Reply #18 on: 05, September, 2008 - 10:21:43 »
Hi, I,m running a brand new liesure battery that,s 85 amps and It was first used on this sunday last, I stuck it on charge sunday night and at the mo it,s still storming!( been round the village lots of times :-) and up to the pub and the dash still shows both little green lights).
I take it from what was said earlier that a typical halfords car battery charger will knacker it, so whats the most suitable charger for this type of battery and where can I get it?
Wiz.
Mine is 105AH Trojan Battery with a 25 Amp Reserve capacity of 175 minutes. So hopefully should be able to do atleast 30+ miles on a single charge.

The halfords charger I loaned is suitable for car, leisure and bike batteries... atleast that is what the manual says.

Going to buy multimeter and stuff today. Hope I can go for a spin tomorrow i.e if the controller and motor work!