News:

C5alive filming with "oldgoldtech.com" at Brooklands Museum - 13th November 2010
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1440.0

Author Topic: How do I fit the mirrors?  (Read 2350 times)

giles

How do I fit the mirrors?
« on: 08, March, 2010 - 12:27:49 »
Hi Folks,
Anyone have any tips on how to fit the mirrors?  I can see how they go but it looks like I may need to drill holes in the body, how do you make sure you drill in the correct place?!

Cheers, Giles

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
Re: How do I fit the mirrors?
« Reply #1 on: 08, March, 2010 - 13:08:50 »
I know I was worried when fitting my mirrors, but you just have to go for it, don't think you can go far wrong as long as you take youe time and make a mark before you drill. Good luck

Retro Andy.

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #2 on: 08, March, 2010 - 13:39:22 »
I USED THE OUTER SPACER PLATE, I PUT IT IN PLACE AND MOVED IT DOWN THE OUTSIDE UNTIL IT FOUND A SIMILAR CURVE IN THE BODY OF THE C5, YOU WILL KNOW WHEN IT FEELS MARRIED UP.

Hold that there and mark the two holes.

I drilled the hole a bit smaller than i needed, then made them a little bigger so that when you attach the fracture plate to the inside the two lugs are a tight fit. (dont put  to much pressure on the lugs as they break off very easily).

Then put the bolts through, attach the nuts and then slide the mirror down engaging the nuts into the slots. The bolts will fit into the slots and prevent them turning when you tighten the bolt from inside the car.

The official fitting instructions are contained in the "unofficial c5 handbook" which can be found in the download section of the c5alive site

http://www.c5alive.co.uk/downloads2.htm

Hope this helps. :D

John
« Last Edit: 08, March, 2010 - 13:43:26 by PLOD11 »

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
« Reply #3 on: 08, March, 2010 - 19:45:04 »
Hi there Giles regarding fitting the mirrors if you have transport come and see me anytime with the c5 and we can fit them together ....bye Chas (just checked I'm 70 away)