News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: Fitting rear indicators question  (Read 2428 times)

James Foster

Fitting rear indicators question
« on: 05, April, 2010 - 17:27:30 »
Hi guys
Got round to fitting the original indicator kit and have made the holes and fitted the indicator units - something I wasn't all that sure about doing considering that I have trouble hanging pictures in the right place!

Fronts are wired up ready to go

Just a quick question about the rears as this appears a lot more complex - I assume that I need to snip through the looped red/white orange/white etc wires so that I can connect them to the junction unit. Is there any loop I shouldn't cut?  ???
« Last Edit: 05, April, 2010 - 17:29:49 by James Foster »

Karl

Re: Fitting rear indicators question
« Reply #1 on: 05, April, 2010 - 19:42:31 »
Sorry mate, I've never had to fit indicators (mainly because they are so rare  :)) so I would only be quoting from the instructions.

If you're missing the instructions they are on Roys site ;
http://www.sinclairc5.com/acc_inst/acc_inst_indic_page_1.htm

James Foster

« Reply #2 on: 08, April, 2010 - 11:22:39 »
I had a look and there is another page for C5's with a slightly different wiring setup. It all became clear then.
Glad to say the indicators are now fully operational!
The more I get involved in this machine the more I appreciate how misrepresented and how well engineered they are. I originally bought it as a bit of a joke, but now I see it as an important bit of motoring history much like the Citroen DS, Mini or Jaguar E-Type. The very good Classic & Sportscar article sets the record straight now. Okay the motor is a bit weedy, but a stronger motor would have probably raised more legal obsticals.
I must admit I didn't realise the indicators were so rare and pricey now - I think they are probably worth more than my C5 itself
Not surprised that some members have retrofitted adapted car ones!
Now for the horn fitting....
« Last Edit: 08, April, 2010 - 11:26:21 by James Foster »

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 08, April, 2010 - 21:56:54 »
Looks as though the "C5 grin" has develpoed into a full-blown addiction , just like the rest of us  ;D

Thanks for the update , it's good to hear you've sorted the snags  8)

The horn instructions are also on Roy's site if needed.