C5Alive General Category > C5 Pimping !

Cimping My P5

(1/6) > >>

KarlG:
Well seeing as I'm going to restore and modify my C5 I thought it might be a good idea to include this under the 'Pimping' theme.

Seeing that I'll be doing all the spraying myself and I don't have a booth or heated garage, it's going to be quite some time before the job is finished. I have a few mods in mind so at least I'll be busy over the winter months.  :)

I've almost finished stripping to C5 down, thanks to the help from Chas's YT video. Chas covered 98% of the strip-down, but 1 of the remaining 2% was concerning the removal of the POD, this has me stumped. The remaining 1% is the removal of the peddle shaft retaining components on the near side, are they also LHT or RHT. as per off side?
A last question, for the moment, can the plastic steering couplings be removed from the rod without damage?

Seeing that the parts are to be stored for some time in a garage I've stored all the small and medium sized parts in airtight containers.

Cheers till the next post.   KarlG.

mhurt:
For the pod, disconnect the loom from the back of the pod - hold the wires at the back and pull away from the pod firmly, and the connector should come off.
To remove the pod, just hold the pod on each end and firmly pull towards the seat. It should just slide off if you are quite firm. There are 2 plastic washers that will probably come off too (if not, just check around the lugs the pod was attached to and remove them, as they'll fall off eventually), and store them until required.

Hope that helps a bit. I haven't done the other 2 myself yet, so don't know the procedures.

KarlG:
Once again thanks.   :-* ;D

Cable's removed as well as the shell, but the POD's still attached to the shell.

I thought this was the way, but when I tried I was worried about breaking something if I was using the wrong procedure. I did notice that on one side the washer was missing, so I can assume that the POD's been removed at some time or other.

One thing's for sure, the POD is VERY DEAD.  :(

C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER:
Hi there Karl just give it good pull from one side at a time ..spray a little WD40 first it should help  (make sure that the cable is off first)
...bye Chas

KarlG:
Hi Chas,

Thanks for the info.

How about the the peddle shaft retaining components on the near side, are they also LHT or RHT as per off side?

EDIT: OK! Problem solved, found the answer in 'TECH TIPS from C5Martin'. BUT, I would still like to know if the plastic steering couplings be removed from the rod without damage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version