News:

C5alive filming with "oldgoldtech.com" at Brooklands Museum - 13th November 2010
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1440.0

Author Topic: Classic car show NEC Birmingham  (Read 3294 times)

Karl

Classic car show NEC Birmingham
« on: 15, November, 2009 - 16:51:06 »
Spent Saturday at the NEC Classic Car Show, well worth going.

ElectricDave and his mate came along , plus my mum and Angie so quite a few of us wandering around  :)

The show was as massive as I expected it to be, the only complaints were not enough seating provided to rest our weary legs  :P

I somehow managed to miss the c5 that was on display  :o, electricdave told me about it on the drive home....

Biggest shock of the day was how many of the cars now considered classics are ones that I either owned or remember seeing driving about  :D :D

..things like Capri's, Mk2 Granada's, Carlton's, Mk2 Cavaliers etc don't seem old to me  ::)

But I did see a car that I really want to own, if I do sell the mini-el it will be top of my shopping list  :-X   

Our entry tickets to the show also allowed entry to the MPH show, and the Classic Bike show so an excellent day out  :)

I also got to reminisce over my misspent youth on the Yamaha LC club stand...happy memories  8) 

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
Re: Classic car show NEC Birmingham
« Reply #1 on: 15, November, 2009 - 20:59:21 »
I forgot all about this event - looked really good in the adverts - Love looking round classic cars particularly the Ford stands being a 'Cortina' boy in my youth !!

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #2 on: 16, November, 2009 - 07:16:49 »
Sounds like one I would have really enjoyed, shame my wife and kids don't like cars ! I hope you have some pictures to post Karl.

Retro Andy.

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 22, November, 2009 - 09:52:40 »
Didn't take that many piccies, here's a couple ;

It was a supreb show, wish I'd taken some more snaps now..