News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: Valve radios  (Read 4711 times)

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
Valve radios
« on: 19, November, 2009 - 08:25:05 »
In order to help fund our latest project I have decided to sell some of my old valve radio's mainly 1950's bakelite (various states of restoration)- anyone intrested let me know before they go on e-bay.

« Last Edit: 19, November, 2009 - 09:02:21 by radiomarty »

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
Re: Valve radios
« Reply #1 on: 19, November, 2009 - 10:55:55 »
I bet your glad you don't need a licence anymore.

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #2 on: 19, November, 2009 - 11:50:56 »
I like the white Bush, well cool, they make one like that again now, but you can't beat the original .

Retro Andy

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
« Reply #3 on: 19, November, 2009 - 12:23:29 »
Yes great for picnics that one  - ps that's just a selection I have about 70 odd - time to make some space.

Offline techytype

• Battery level: 0
« Reply #4 on: 19, November, 2009 - 17:56:32 »
crickey,

seing all these takes me back to my childhood. my older brother got interested and used to scrounge or buy old sets an repair them, moving on into Tv's on the same bases.

his 'workshop' was an old mangle in the scullery (you don't hear those words much now  ::) ).

like most bath night was oj Sunday ready for school, one particular night i'd just had my bath in the tin tub, and went to see what he was up to, as i opened the door there was a blinding flash and all th lights went out, a beautiful violet/blue spark floated towards the ceiling like an orb from the back of his current project.

a sedimentary family scene, but then all hell broke out, my brother rushed for the cellar door and descended the stairs at speed, followed closely by my father who for some never understood reason slammed closed the cellar door behind him with a crash.

next i heard was a sequence of bomp's as the tin bath (which was stored on a nail on the cellar door) descended down the stairs behind him - followed by a very loud 'SOD IT' shouted by my mid mannered father. only 4 years ols i was shocked as he would never swear usually, but apparently the bath having been dislodged slalomed down into the darkness and scored a direct hit on the back of his legs, cellar door being closed meant both my brother and he were now in total darkness and kept crashing into the tin bath.

the cause of te panic was out house electric was fed from the street lights - as many were at the time, so my brothers experiments kept blowing fuses, so my father had fitted a screw instead of a  fuse, this meant the company fuse being taking out along with the whole street.

the urgency was to replace the fuse in case the electric company checked our house and he was fined - poetic justice was served me thinks lol!

regs
alan

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 19, November, 2009 - 18:25:55 »
wow , thats an impressive selection mate  8).

Have you tried any of the museums ? You might have a few sets that they need - Amberely had quite a display.

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #6 on: 19, November, 2009 - 20:58:03 »
I see where the name Radiomarty comes from  :D

Retro Andy

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
« Reply #7 on: 19, November, 2009 - 22:53:57 »
I see where the name Radiomarty comes from  :D

Retro Andy
Spot on Andy

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
« Reply #8 on: 19, November, 2009 - 23:07:52 »
wow , thats an impressive selection mate  8).

Have you tried any of the museums ? You might have a few sets that they need - Amberely had quite a display.
Amberely had one of the best collections i've seen in any museum included the holy grail of the radio world i.e the round Ecko (sorry train spotting moment) I will try the museum circuit good idea Karl