News:

C5 Alive attending the following event
Easter Sunday 20th April 2014 - Sandwich Gears of Change Motor Show - Kent
http://classicmusicandmotors.co.uk/flv_portfolio/motor-shows/

Author Topic: Hi all from the deep south  (Read 6468 times)

rafarestaura

Hi all from the deep south
« on: 13, February, 2012 - 11:53:27 »
Hi all, my name is Rafael and I have three units of Sinclair C5. I got them from several points of England, using Ebay, and, after a very expensive shipment to Granada, Spain, were I live, and a lot of work I have one in mint running conditions and the other two in restoration progress. Perhaps they are the C5´s more to the south in Europe. In a few days I´ll send several photograps to the forum. I did a canopy for my C5, very awful but useful in cold weather, and I´ve used it for two years but now I´m trying to do a replica of the original side panels to respect the original design of the vehicle. You can see at Youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HM82eg4Hns&feature=plcp&context=C3970df8UDOEgsToPDskJZvvWQoTsyHU-3OxJTAYt2

Regards, Rafael

Offline thedesigntailor

• Battery level: 5
  • designer and C5 newbie
    • GLOW creative
Re: Hi all from the deep south
« Reply #1 on: 13, February, 2012 - 12:40:56 »
Hi Rafael - welcome to the forum!

That canopy must have been a lot of work.

:D

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
« Reply #2 on: 13, February, 2012 - 17:21:55 »
Hi and welcome to the forum, hope to see some photos.

Keep us posted.

Lance

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
« Reply #3 on: 13, February, 2012 - 20:40:25 »
Hi there Rafael ..Any help you want just ask .....Take a look at my videos on YOUTUBE    under JORDAN8ISH ....BYE Chas

rafarestaura

« Reply #4 on: 13, February, 2012 - 22:21:37 »
Thanks a lot for your messages and warm welcome  ;D. Promise to send some pictures ASAP. Jordan, I´m suscribed to your Youtube channel as "restauragreenlab", I know your work and it´s great. Somebody goes to Holland next July to the C5´s meeting?. Probably I go with my family (wife and four children) and the three C5s, if work and money let us (what a horrible crisis this one ::)). I´m trying to do a tow bar for the C5 to carry the bike trailer of my twins, I´ll tell you if I got it

Ok then, see you soon.

Regards, Rafael.

By the way, I need the metal piece you can see in the center of the rear left wheel of the C5, to stop the wheel in the axel, any suggestions?

• Millennium Member
« Reply #5 on: 14, February, 2012 - 08:43:12 »
Hi there Rafael thanks for the reply  ....Hope to see you soon at a meeting ..Bye Chas (ps can you upload a photo of what you need )

rafarestaura

« Reply #6 on: 14, February, 2012 - 11:38:37 »
Ok, Chas, here you are a picture of the piece.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-KuPurVmgrbU/TzpIZuRQA5I/AAAAAAAAAEU/mJZEHrJlJlc/s128/IMG_1911.jpg

I have the wheel but not that piece so I can´t mount it. If you know somebody can get it I´ll be very happy  ;D ;D, that´s the only one piece I need to finish the work on one of the C5´s.

Thanks for your atention and regards.

Rafael

• Millennium Member
« Reply #7 on: 14, February, 2012 - 20:15:38 »
Hi there no problem just give me your full name and address ..bye Chas

rafarestaura

« Reply #8 on: 15, February, 2012 - 13:54:21 »
Oh, great, send me an email adress and , also, you can say to me if you use Paypal, etc.

By the way  ::), what do you think about this work I´m doing?. Look the pictures and sorry about the poor quality.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-fu_AmQcVFsA/Tzu2HBdZwSI/AAAAAAAAAEo/M6NnsbBY0hk/s128/IMG00115-20120215-1427.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-G4rpnwBHphA/Tzu2mDlQGBI/AAAAAAAAAFY/MNw2RGBP7zE/s128/IMG00112-20120215-1256.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-SWwHVUsdXOs/Tzu2l0utHEI/AAAAAAAAAFM/6YGZKGIaieM/s128/IMG00113-20120215-1256.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-jF3byrr5AVc/Tzu2kw1gG6I/AAAAAAAAAFA/4NcaM5eQF6w/s128/IMG00114-20120215-1427.jpg

I needed more wide for my son´s school bag and wanted to install a brake light as high as I can to improve the visibility of the C5. Also the original boot is usable. I´ve used a rack from Vespa scooter and modify to hold it to the C5 chassis, two points down and a big one on the top of the seat. I think tomorrow will be finished and I can post pictures outside running. The rack also will have a little tow bar for my twins trailer  :) :).

So that´s all by the moment, thanks a lot for your quick answer.

Regards, Rafael

• Millennium Member
« Reply #9 on: 15, February, 2012 - 15:18:33 »
Hi there Rafarel  just looked at your photos but they are to small to see any detail .I Will try to get them larger to see more detail

• Millennium Member
« Reply #10 on: 16, February, 2012 - 08:28:24 »
Hi there Rafarel the wheel bracket is on it's way ...Bye Chas

rafarestaura

« Reply #11 on: 17, February, 2012 - 19:39:45 »
I have no words, Chas, thanks a lot. Today has been a sunny day 8) and, as yesterday finished the works on the new head rest and luggage rack, I´ve gone for a ride on my C5 to test the new pieces. Result, success ;D ;D!!. The head rest is very confortable, the tow bar works very well and I can carry a lot of school bags on the rack. I´ve take some pictures with my digital camera and I´ve published in my facebook page, the quality are rather good, except the two ones my wife did, a little bit shaked, girls and machines  ::) ::), ok, take a lot when you can and give me an opinion.

Adress: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.359087887449527.88133.100000449557168&type=1

Regards for all, Rafael

Offline steve_1360

• Battery level: 2
« Reply #12 on: 18, February, 2012 - 08:43:34 »
Head rest looks good :)

• Millennium Member
« Reply #13 on: 18, February, 2012 - 08:48:35 »
Hi Rafael it looks great  has the the C5 it been modified (12/24 volt?? )....Bye Chas

rafarestaura

« Reply #14 on: 18, February, 2012 - 10:08:56 »
Good morning, this C5 is unmodified, it has the original engine and controller, you can imagine the effort of riding with the trailer, two school bags and my twins, of course (about 80 kg all)  :P :P. In a flat road you can go even without push the button, only pedalling,  but if the road begins to climb , even a minimum, power is short and you begin to search the auxiliary rockets button  ;D ;D. Anyway, this car´s going to stay unmodified. I want to keep it in this way, as example how the car was made, this unit is reserved to my old son, actually twelve years old, to go to school and beginning to learn how the mobility must be, with side panels for cold weather. Other thing are the other two C5´s. I´m working in new 24 volts motors and controllers. I don´t want to use the original motor because off the design, they have a very big resistivity with heavy loads, and as I´ve seen sometimes, the controller box can explode in flames. I´m going to use a 24 v 500 watts brushless motor, with a 24 volts 30 amps controller. It´s great motor and drain less than half amps from battery than polimotor unit of C5 and it have double power. I have mounted in the C5 a regulable solenoid that I use as main switch and security protection to prevent risk of fire. It has programmed to switch it off at 100 amps of current and yesterday it cut several times the power when I ride with full load. That never happened with the 24 volts motor, mounted in my tandem bike, with three children, the trailer, aditional load and a hilly road, it´s a wild and hard motor, it have the same diameter than Polimotor but is three times shorter, so I´ve made a pack with the motor and a refrigeration fan, put into a steel cylinder and adjusted in the original motor mount of the C5, the whole piece have identical measures than Polimotor engine and use the original transmision belt to wheel drive.

I hope to work in the cars soon, I´m building a new workshop last six months and I´m almost finishing ( I hope so), so I think cars can be in test mode next month, I´ll post all the news ASAP.

Thanks for all the opinions and sorry for this heavy post, too much to read for a saturday morning :D.

Regards, Rafael