C5 Help > C5 Faults & Solutions

What's all the fuss about "Brown Fingers" ?

<< < (2/2)

Karl:
Having tried to service a motor with those "brown fingers" fitted I can safely say that trying to preserve them is a waste of time and effort.

Just replace them with a set of "cream fingers"  and save yourself the hassle 8)

gertk:
Can I take off the whole gear unit by removing the two bolts ?
My gearbox dos not have brown fingers but instead the gearbox is brown and the fingers are white (well sort of)...

kamilb1998:

--- Quote from: gertk on  11, May, 2013  - 16:51:56 ---Can I take off the whole gear unit by removing the two bolts ?
My gearbox dos not have brown fingers but instead the gearbox is brown and the fingers are white (well sort of)...

--- End quote ---

As long as you have the white/yellow fingers you should be ok to remove the gearbox in the usual way described here; http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1217.0

Paul:
Hope you don't mind if I tag onto this topic, here Adam Harper is mentioned as a supplier of white fingers, is he still supplying them as I need to replace the broken browns on my motor.

Any help would be appreciated.

Karl:

--- Quote from: Paul on  21, June, 2013  - 13:28:27 ---Hope you don't mind if I tag onto this topic, here Adam Harper is mentioned as a supplier of white fingers, is he still supplying them as I need to replace the broken browns on my motor.

Any help would be appreciated.

--- End quote ---

I'm afraid this topic was created when Adam was still trading as "Sinclair Vehicles", the only source of "new" old stock Sinclair C5 parts and accessories. Sadly since then he has disappeared from the c5 scene. He took some time out for personal reasonms and has not yet returned, no idea if or when he is likely to start selling those elusive spares once again. 

Your best bet is to keep an eye out on the small ads and Ebay etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version