C5 Help > TECH TIPS from C5Martin

Crank (Bottom bracket) Removal

(1/2) > >>

c5martin:
Remove pedal caps
Remove Front Sprocket Covers
Fit pedal crank removal tool (can be purchased at any bicycle shop)
Remove pedals
Spin/Knock off locking ring on Near side crank
Fit crank removal star to crank bolt
NOTE: NearSide (left hand when sat on the c5) is std screw thread (Clock wise tighten : Anti-clockwise Loosen)
OffSide is reverse thread.
Spin off
Slide out crank (sometimes called bottom bracket) with ball races.

Refitting is the reverse of removing - however ensure the ball races are thoughly cleaned and well greased along with the bearing cups.

Karl:
I took these piccies whilst repairing "Dave", thought they might help visualise what c5martin is saying;

The hammer and screwdriver might not be the proper tools, but used carefully they do the job  :)

There is a silver locking ring on the other side that can also be undone using the same method..

Retro Andy:
I wish these pictures were on here when I was dismantling my C5, as it was years since I had removed such a thing of a bike and was'nt 100% sure what I was doing at the time.

Retro Andy.

Nitrowing:
Has anyone got the bottom bracket size? I'd like to replace mine with a sealed unit want to strip it apart and then sit around with it unusable.

Umpa:

--- Quote from: Nitrowing on  20, August, 2009  - 21:32:48 ---Has anyone got the bottom bracket size? I'd like to replace mine with a sealed unit want to strip it apart and then sit around with it unusable.

--- End quote ---

eh?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version