News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: Hi from Manchester!  (Read 2553 times)

dave

Hi from Manchester!
« on: 26, October, 2009 - 21:06:08 »
Hi All, regards from Manchester! I just got my first C5, which is in a bit of a state - no battery, perished tyres, plenty of rust, hole in the floor, etc. I was lucky enough to be taken for a short spin on a C5 on 25th December 1985, when a friend of my mum's was bought one for Christmas. I have only seen a C5 in the wild a handful of times since then and never thought that I'd have one myself. I hope to be able to restore it to its former glory and have started by buying some Jif and a brush, as recommended here on the forum. My apologies for the hundreds of questions that I'm bound to come out with in the near future! Regards, Dave.

Offline mike7201

• Battery level: 0
    • Portland's very own Royal Manor Theatre
Re: Hi from Manchester!
« Reply #1 on: 26, October, 2009 - 21:50:39 »
Hey Dave, you'll find everyone here really helpful.  I certainly have.  I didn't know anything about C5's until recently. 

Now thanks to the oracles on this forum I've been able to fix a 'fence' under my motor, then re-fit my drive belt, then re-fit a new brake cable and so on!  All thanks to the support and advice from the wise people on this very forum!

There are some very helpful links too on the forum.  Be sure to check out the main forum page links, to various subjects, especially C5Martin's top tips!

I'm sure the others will also welcome you real soon, but couldn't help but do so myself whilst I saw your message.

All the best,
Mike

Offline noonoo

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #2 on: 26, October, 2009 - 22:15:21 »
Hi Dave

Yes everyone from C5alive would like to give you a warm welcome and hope that we can help you to get your C5 up and running - just like ours.

Angie

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #3 on: 27, October, 2009 - 07:30:05 »
Welcome to the forum Dave, great to hear you have joined, you'll have to come and meet us all and join us on some runs and join in the fun.

Retro Andy .

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
« Reply #4 on: 27, October, 2009 - 07:54:12 »
Hi Dave,

Welcome to C5Alive !! - I hope you have as much fun with your C5 than I have with mine.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you need, we will try our best to answer as many as we can.

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 27, October, 2009 - 11:28:11 »
Welcome to c5alive mate  :)

When you have a few spare moments it is worth checking out the forum guide;
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=627.0

..especially things like the owners manual and the downloads section if you intend to dismantle and restore your newly acquired c5.

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #6 on: 30, October, 2009 - 16:26:42 »
Hi Dave and welcome - both of my C5'S have come from 'Up your way' there seems to be a few of the about up there !! - hope you enjoy your C5 and the forum.