News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: c5alive Wiring kits  (Read 5072 times)

Karl

c5alive Wiring kits
« on: 21, March, 2011 - 08:06:46 »
We're out of wiring kits at the moment, we've set aside a date in April to make some more.

Jonny

Re: c5alive Wiring kits
« Reply #1 on: 21, March, 2011 - 20:39:37 »
just my luck :-[ internet was down most last week so i could receive any money to get one.

Offline frankev

• Battery level: 0
  • One Sinclair on the road, doesn't mean it's summer
    • Sinclair meeting in Holland in july 2011
« Reply #2 on: 12, April, 2011 - 18:54:28 »
Hi Karl,

Is there a wire set as well for the double battery version? Without those fast battery clamps?
I connect to my batteries with M8 bolts. I mean, this is the set you use to cut of power and or light with one, three stand switch isn't it?

If yes, tell me more, tell me more.

greetz

Frank

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 12, April, 2011 - 20:37:46 »
Hi Karl,

Is there a wire set as well for the double battery version? Without those fast battery clamps?
I connect to my batteries with M8 bolts. I mean, this is the set you use to cut of power and or light with one, three stand switch isn't it?

If yes, tell me more, tell me more.

greetz

Frank

The wiring kits are all designed for use with the quick release battery clamps , we haven't designed a twin battery version as yet. C5martin previously ran a "prototype" of the twin battery set up but we never developed it any further.

ScubaChris

« Reply #4 on: 15, April, 2011 - 18:20:03 »
Put me down for one of these kits please Karl. My battery cables were cut short by a previous owner and it's a real struggle to connect and disconnect the battery. A new set of longer cables is just what I need.  :)

Do these kits have reverse polarity protection?

C.
« Last Edit: 15, April, 2011 - 18:22:23 by ScubaChris »

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 15, April, 2011 - 20:31:19 »
Put me down for one of these kits please Karl. My battery cables were cut short by a previous owner and it's a real struggle to connect and disconnect the battery. A new set of longer cables is just what I need.  :)

Do these kits have reverse polarity protection?

C.

We've put some days aside next week to get a few kits made up , and yes they do have reverse polarity protection .

Karl

« Reply #6 on: 21, April, 2011 - 10:42:31 »
The kits are now ready and up for grabs ;

http://c5alive.co.uk/ecommerce/index.php?cPath=7_21

Karl

« Reply #7 on: 04, August, 2011 - 06:26:45 »
The recent batch of wiring kits have now sold out , so I've ordered the components required to make some more . I hope to have some new ones up for grabs around the end of the month .

Unfortunately I'm finding all the raw materials seem to have shot up in price across the board. As an example, my receipts are showing the wire has gone up by £5 a reel  :o  (..and we use four different reels of wire) so sadly a price increase for the kits is inevitable :(

They're still excellent kits though and have proven their worth over the years  8)

Karl

« Reply #8 on: 04, August, 2011 - 17:11:30 »
can you do a 24 volt wiring kit

...not impossible , just difficult fitting everything in to the limited time available and there is still the gearbox issue  :-\

I dont always have enough time to build the standard 12v kits which is why we run out.

There is a 24v wiring diagram in the download section for those that want to dabble with more oomph .

Karl

« Reply #9 on: 21, August, 2011 - 19:47:11 »
The ever popular c5alive power wiring kits are back in stock  :)

Quite possibly the first and most essential accessory you should buy for a c5  8)

http://c5alive.co.uk/ecommerce/product_info.php?cPath=7_21&products_id=195&osCsid=a112eb1647aea4e0b2780d9aaa701e2b

Offline vanpeebles

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #10 on: 22, August, 2011 - 19:49:25 »
I've put an order in for one this time :)