C5 Help > TECH TIPS from C5Martin

Handle bar stem removal

<< < (3/3)

Karl:

--- Quote from: TRminator on  28, September, 2010  - 16:38:33 ---Ah!  That coppery "ting" sound you are doubtless hearing is the penny dropping with me!

There's a stem bolt complete with wedged threaded thingy on eBay at the moment and from reading your reply radiomarty and looking at the pic I now see what I have to do.  Unfortunately I've been hammering the wedge deeper into the recess, so I could have a battle on my hands!

Cheers lads.
-Kyle

--- End quote ---

...oops, I guess I assumed you realised that the piccies are a follow on to c5martins advice and that his initial steps need to be followed first ,i.e. remove all the relevant components before grabbing the hammer  ;) 

TRminator:
 :D To be honest BooBoo, if it wasn't for the minor point of not knowing that the tapered threaded thingy needs dropped out through the bottom before doing what you show in the photographs, your post would have been a big help.  In fact, the similar series of shots you did for removing the pedal crank and bracket were a massive help to me, so keep up the good work.

cheers fellas.
-Kyle

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version