News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: Keys, keys, keys...  (Read 2320 times)

Offline Jonatan

• Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' Keep the C5s Rolling' C5!
  • Battery level: 4
Keys, keys, keys...
« on: 21, July, 2013 - 03:43:18 »
Hello,
I have a question concerning the keys of the sinclair c5. If I have an original sinclair c5 key, will it fit in other original keyholes too or is every key a perfect fit for only one boot lock and one key starter? I have a good idea for the batteries. There are multiple original key starters for sale on multiple auction sites and I want to make my battery pack as realistic as can be. (mission impossible! :-D ) Im gonna buy 2 gel batteries in the 015 size and make 2 battery packs complete with keyhole, cover and straps and I have 1 key. This way I will never risk the chance of short circuiting it. All in all, I mean that both batteries will be connected through a seperate ignition keyhole switch. But with 1 key, only 1 will be connectable at a time. This leads to silly me not being able to overpower the controlbox and me having to send it back to Phillip.  I have all the components I need. But all in all, this leads to the question...

Does 1 key fit in 2 keyholes?

Regards,
Jonatan

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
Re: Keys, keys, keys...
« Reply #1 on: 21, July, 2013 - 07:28:58 »
Hi there each keyswitch has it's own key ,but you will find that due to wear you wil get the key to fit other keyswitches or they can be made to fit ...bye Chas

Offline gertk

• Battery level: 6
  • When in doubt: C5
« Reply #2 on: 21, July, 2013 - 09:01:08 »
Hello,
Im gonna buy 2 gel batteries in the 015 size and make 2 battery packs complete with keyhole, cover and straps and I have 1 key. This way I will never risk the chance of short circuiting it. All in all, I mean that both batteries will be connected through a seperate ignition keyhole switch. But with 1 key, only 1 will be connectable at a time. This leads to silly me not being able to overpower the controlbox and me having to send it back to Phillip.  I have all the components I need. But all in all, this leads to the question...

You do know you can take out the key while the battery is switched on ? It is even recommended in the manual to take out the key so you can leave it on your keyring with your other keys.. :o

Offline Jonatan

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #3 on: 21, July, 2013 - 12:37:40 »
Hey there,
Hello,
Im gonna buy 2 gel batteries in the 015 size and make 2 battery packs complete with keyhole, cover and straps and I have 1 key. This way I will never risk the chance of short circuiting it. All in all, I mean that both batteries will be connected through a seperate ignition keyhole switch. But with 1 key, only 1 will be connectable at a time. This leads to silly me not being able to overpower the controlbox and me having to send it back to Phillip.  I have all the components I need. But all in all, this leads to the question...

You do know you can take out the key while the battery is switched on ? It is even recommended in the manual to take out the key so you can leave it on your keyring with your other keys.. :o
Well, doesnt work for my first key igniter. Thats rather strange!  :P

Hi there each keyswitch has it's own key ,but you will find that due to wear you wil get the key to fit other keyswitches or they can be made to fit ...bye Chas
Perfect, then my plan works! :-D I sent you an email because of the straps, you have not answered yet... Check your Emails mate!  ;)

Thanks for all of the fast replies!
-Jonatan