News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: Motor slip  (Read 3086 times)

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
Motor slip
« on: 07, April, 2010 - 08:59:47 »
Spent some time 'playing' with Goldfinger yesterday as it has been suffering from motor slip. The cause seems to have been due to the motor dropping off the support fence (if that;s what it is called) - played around with the Sinclair mod bracket and managed to get a good condition (test run all ok)- but just wondered if the cable tie solution is better than the metal bracket and has anyone got any snaps of one in place ?
« Last Edit: 07, April, 2010 - 10:59:48 by radiomarty »

Offline mike7201

• Battery level: 0
    • Portland's very own Royal Manor Theatre
Re: Motor slip
« Reply #1 on: 07, April, 2010 - 09:05:10 »
Hi mate, I think I had a not too dissimilare issue last year.  Check out my previous post.  http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=713.0   I was reliably informed that it was the 'fence' that needed to be propped up to support the gear thus preventing belt slip.  It worked with a cable tie, and now it runs fine. 

Does this help?

Mike

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
« Reply #2 on: 07, April, 2010 - 11:22:48 »
Hi Mike - thanks a lot same problem  - I knew it was here somewhere - UMPA - lost your photo's on page 3 of the thread Mike attached - any chance of putting them back on - cheers bud.

Offline mike7201

« Reply #3 on: 07, April, 2010 - 17:10:30 »
Yeah I must say, it's getting a little tough keeping up with the demands of photobucket.  They're taking images down which haven't been accessed.  Never mind, they're only a few clicks away I'm sure.

Glad this was of some use.

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
« Reply #4 on: 08, April, 2010 - 12:33:34 »
Hi Mike - thanks a lot same problem  - I knew it was here somewhere - UMPA - lost your photo's on page 3 of the thread Mike attached - any chance of putting them back on - cheers bud.

Yes - I'll do that, they only vanished because I moved the pictures in to sub albums, I went through my posts and thought I had them all - lol

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
« Reply #5 on: 08, April, 2010 - 13:03:41 »
Thanks Umpa - think i'll go for the metal bracket and cable tie version - must have dropped off the fence during the trailer ride home from Brooklands !!!! ;D

Offline mike7201

« Reply #6 on: 08, April, 2010 - 18:21:20 »
Mate, you can do it all with cable ties.  Trust me, I can barely boil the kettle without instructions, yet here I am, the proud owner of a C5 that I fixed myself thanks to the help on here, so ties are really all you need.  Your choice though.

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
« Reply #7 on: 08, April, 2010 - 19:53:48 »
Thanks for the help Mike