News:

C5 Alive attending the following event
Easter Sunday 20th April 2014 - Sandwich Gears of Change Motor Show - Kent
http://classicmusicandmotors.co.uk/flv_portfolio/motor-shows/

Author Topic: In town for a ride !  (Read 12402 times)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
In town for a ride !
« on: 23, October, 2009 - 13:19:42 »
Thought I'd ride into town at lunch time today, promised to show a mate who works at a cycle shop in town my C5, its about six miles to cranks and back to work, which means my battery has done about 10 miles so far on its charge yesterday, and i've still got the middle orange indicator lit, so really impressed with its range.
Secondly most of the route I took was cycle tracks, people face's when they see me, and when I stopped and talked to some lads in the walks they had never seen one before and thought it was really cool, they took some pictures, had a sit in Charlie and took the web address, everyone smiled and said comments like:- cool, wow, whats that, did you make make and WOW IT'S A SINCLAIR C5 ?
Anyway had a little fun and enjoyed people's reactions.

Retro Andy.     

Karl

Re: In town for a ride !
« Reply #1 on: 23, October, 2009 - 18:57:24 »
Good to see you out there "flying the flag" mate  :)

I get a similar reaction when I pop along to the local shops in my c5....always get a friendly response.  8)

Wizbat

« Reply #2 on: 23, October, 2009 - 20:02:02 »
I,m off for a pint with mine in about half an hour!!
as usual!!

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
« Reply #3 on: 23, October, 2009 - 20:37:40 »
I haven't been out on mine for ages. Really must take it out of the garage and go for a spin .... and get that C5 smile  ;D

Daz

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 23, October, 2009 - 21:12:22 »
as usual!!

Not an every day sight -  a rock god , television star, in a c5 on the way to the pub

...superb  8)

Offline mike7201

• Battery level: 0
    • Portland's very own Royal Manor Theatre
« Reply #5 on: 23, October, 2009 - 21:48:07 »
Thought I'd ride into town at lunch time today, promised to show a mate who works at a cycle shop in town my C5, its about six miles to cranks and back to work, which means my battery has done about 10 miles so far on its charge yesterday, and i've still got the middle orange indicator lit, so really impressed with its range.
Secondly most of the route I took was cycle tracks, people face's when they see me, and when I stopped and talked to some lads in the walks they had never seen one before and thought it was really cool, they took some pictures, had a sit in Charlie and took the web address, everyone smiled and said comments like:- cool, wow, whats that, did you make make and WOW IT'S A SINCLAIR C5 ?
Anyway had a little fun and enjoyed people's reactions.

Retro Andy.     

Cool Andy!  I feel exactly the same.  There's just something about taking out a C5 isn't there?  It's almost as if you're the proud owner of something everyone wants, and so few can get their hands on!  THe reactions are often friendly, and inquizitive

Well done mate.  People see my sticker for the website on the back light, and some day someone from my area may even participate in the forum!

All the best,

Mike

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #6 on: 24, October, 2009 - 09:35:08 »
Thanks for your comments everyone, and I agree with Mike, it is a proud feeling when your out and about, the funniest guys I came across was two drunks, (It was'nt Wisbat on the way home from the pub  ;D) they made me laugh when they came up to me and had a chat, I'm glad they did'nt ask for a spin  :D
When I got home the centre amber light went out from around the corner of my home, I'm going to see how far it will go before the "beeps" before a recharge, so far its approx 12 miles, I reckon it will make 20 miles ?

Retro Andy. 

Offline mike7201

« Reply #7 on: 24, October, 2009 - 09:58:05 »
Hi Andy, can you please tell me the exact make and model of your battery, or at least the battery you've used on your recent excursion?  I only ask as I am currently only managing about 6 miles at the present time with mine.   Had I lost 3 stone I might get another 6 miles, but although my lifestyle is becoming healthier, I would still be keen to know, so I can make it a Christmas present request!

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #8 on: 24, October, 2009 - 10:20:35 »
I only use a car battery from a Citroen:- 12v 640a is whats on the top, perhaps I dont need to pedal as much, but it seems to do well, and I have been using it for some time.

Retro Andy.

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
« Reply #9 on: 24, October, 2009 - 11:29:29 »
I like to hear of people using their C5's, the attention you get is incredible.  Only yesterday a couple stopped me to tell me they had seen a C5 on the TV (Electic Dreams) - I proudly replied that the club I'm a member of supplied that one !!

I get kids racing me up the road on their bikes - 'Where do you get them from Mr'

eBay - tell yer Dad I reply - lol

Wizbat

« Reply #10 on: 24, October, 2009 - 13:50:12 »
as usual!!

Not an every day sight -  a rock god , television star, in a c5 on the way to the pub
HaHa !! I wish!!
...superb  8)

Offline mike7201

« Reply #11 on: 24, October, 2009 - 18:12:12 »
I like to hear of people using their C5's /quote]

Me too Umpa!  I thought it was just me!!  I could talk about them all day!  :D

There's something about it isn't there.  Like I said earlier, it's a case of having something people want, yet either don't know how to get, or can't get.  Everyone wants a go, and almost everyone wants to ride it!

Offline mike7201

« Reply #12 on: 24, October, 2009 - 18:13:46 »
Don't forget to put your clocks back an hour tomorrow!!

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #13 on: 26, October, 2009 - 08:17:23 »
Got back into work this morning, still got two red lights on the pod, will go home for lunch and back home tonight, it will be approx another 5/6miles today covered.

Retro Andy.

Offline mike7201

« Reply #14 on: 26, October, 2009 - 10:41:06 »
How do you do it??  Are you using the same battery with the remaining charge from the weekend and still have two power sgments remaining??

???

I just can't work it out why mine's so rubbish (the battery I mean).