News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: HOT NEWS!!!  (Read 6140 times)

Offline mike7201

• Battery level: 0
    • Portland's very own Royal Manor Theatre
HOT NEWS!!!
« on: 10, January, 2010 - 12:57:49 »
Check out this link!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/sir-clive-sinclair-down-but-never-out-the-eternal-optimist-is-back-1863277.html

A new interview with the man himself, and some rather exciting news for C5 owners. 

You need to read the whole article to establish what's happening...  But, if it is, it's hopefully going to be massive!

Offline fezza_rs

• Battery level: 4
Re: HOT NEWS!!!
« Reply #1 on: 10, January, 2010 - 13:53:32 »
Quote from: Clive said

We meet at his luxury flat overlooking Trafalgar Square, where the one-time multimillionaire, 69, is working on a "single-seat city transport vehicle".

;)

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 10, January, 2010 - 18:47:40 »
Being known for the C5 is "tiresome" and he adds: "It's up to me to correct that."

..probably why he declined an invite to our "C5-25" event

Then, with a flourish, proudly opens the envelope to reveal a drawing... that looks like a streamlined version of the C5 with a roof.

When I try to point this out, Sir Clive hastily replies: "Yes, but that's not what we're actually going to put on the market." He enigmatically adds that, while it will not necessarily be radically different, "it's not the same".

..Rays Ubmobile and the mini-el are going to be parents  ;D

Adam had mentioned a big announcement was in the offing, so fingers crossed its a success  :)

« Last Edit: 10, January, 2010 - 18:54:41 by BooBoo »

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #3 on: 10, January, 2010 - 21:05:14 »
Looking forward to finding out more

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #4 on: 11, January, 2010 - 08:57:19 »
Great news to know that Sir Clive is still trying to make his dream of a electric car come true, with today's tech should be be possible. Look forward to see what comes of it.

Retro Andy   

Offline techytype

• Battery level: 0
« Reply #5 on: 17, March, 2010 - 19:46:46 »
if it materialises, with Sir Clive that makes it most likely, perhaps this time he will choose the flat plains of Norfolk or Santa Pod and a nice summers day for the initial promo release ;)

(unless he's going into eco 1 x 2's :lol:)

regs
TT