News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: Hello from Torquay, I have inherited a garden find!!!! HELP!!!!!!  (Read 1856 times)

gordycanican

Hello all C5 fans!
 I am about to inherit a C5 which has lived in a garden for years! A friend of mine has just bought a run down house, and discovered it  in the corner of the garden??????
Can anyone tell me if it is any good after years outside? Can it be restored? If bits are missing, can they be replaced?
I don't know anything about C5's, but I didn't want to see it smashed up.
Any advise would be gladly appreciated!
Thanks! John G.

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
Re: Hello from Torquay, I have inherited a garden find!!!! HELP!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 17, April, 2010 - 07:43:28 »
Hi there John put some photos on the site and we will let you know if it can be restored and it's worth doing.. bye Chas

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 17, April, 2010 - 09:29:45 »
Hi John and welcome to the c5 site mate.

Like Chas says, a few pictures of what you are up against would help. You are quite right to query the availability of spares. Some parts are getting rare,expensive or just unobtainable.

If it ends up looking as though yours is beyond restoration, and the "c5 bug" has bitten you, there is always the option of selling yours for spares (helping to keep a few more on the road) and putting the money towards a better one. Just a thought.

It has to be said though, that saving one from being scrapped and restoring it feels almost as good as riding around in one. Gives you that "C5 grin"  8)   

gordycanican

« Reply #3 on: 18, April, 2010 - 18:14:45 »
Thanks for the welcome chaps!
I am picking the C5 up next friday, so will take some photos of me getting it etc. I will post them on here next weekend.
Thanks again! John G.

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
« Reply #4 on: 18, April, 2010 - 18:35:14 »
That will be great don't forget to get some photos of the underneath and at the back with the boot off ..bye Chas