News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: Hello everyone!!  (Read 3160 times)

Benniz

Hello everyone!!
« on: 25, May, 2009 - 20:27:33 »
Hello All!!

I am a big fan of electric vehicles and have recently purchased my first c5  ;D

I only paid £100 for her and the old gal has had a hard life!!

A lot of it is there, and has good points and bad but is far from working!! but will enjoy every moment of returning another c5 back where it should be on the road!!  ;D (will put my pictures in the galley section)

I have so many options on what to do with this c5 but my main direction is to customise my own fibreglass sections to make it fully enclosed like a velomobile because of British climate and will probably install a new brushless hub motor. I have a lifepo4 battery so will be using that for power, hoping to get a 50-100 mile radius because of this.

I am intending to use it as my full time commute in bad weather, at the moment I am using a Sakura mustang a electric chopper bicycle with trailer when needed with similar specs I will also add photos of this in the hobbies section

All the best!  Ben

Karl

Re: Hello everyone!!
« Reply #1 on: 25, May, 2009 - 20:57:44 »
Hi Ben,

Welcome to the c5alive site mate  :)

You need to speak with Ray and check out his Ubmobile - it sounds very similar to what you are wanting to build. There are piccies of it in the Brooklands September 2008 thread.

Nice to see you are returning a C5 back to working condition, I'm a big fan of saving them from the scrap heap  8)

The modifications sound interesting ,looking forward to seeing the piccies  8)

Benniz

« Reply #2 on: 25, May, 2009 - 21:38:25 »
Hi Karl

Thanks for a speedy reply

Could you link me or direct me to the thread you mentioned, I cannot seem to find it :(

Ben

Benniz

« Reply #3 on: 25, May, 2009 - 21:49:54 »
Dont worry about the link I have found it!

And yes that is def the direction I want to go in, what a fantastic machine!!

Ben

Offline minimin

• Battery level: 0
« Reply #4 on: 26, May, 2009 - 13:17:11 »
Dont worry about the link I have found it!

And yes that is def the direction I want to go in, what a fantastic machine!!

Ben

Ooh, where abouts in the country are you Ben? Would you like to swap boots, as mine says ben on =]
Mark

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #5 on: 26, May, 2009 - 13:58:05 »
Hello Ben, and welcome to the world of C5 ownership, its good to hear new people are joining in the fun, as Karl said if you look at some of the picture's from the last norfolk run you will see Ray's ubmobile which is the only C5 i've seen with a hood, i know when it was modified it was a big job, but it would be great to see another C5 with a hood, great stuff, looking forward to seeing some picture's.

Retro Andy   

Benniz

« Reply #6 on: 26, May, 2009 - 20:08:36 »
Hello everyone and thankyou all for your kind comments :D

I am In north Dorset Minimin, And thankyou Andy I have seen Rays ubmobile and was very very impressed! I must also agree that that at this present time must be the only one, I could not find another example of it being done, I wonder why Sir Clive did not think of making a rigid weather cheater/hood like this It would of been very popular I imagine, But can Imagine it was a big job but well worth it im sure! This is the direction I want for my project for sure!

I am eager to start sharing photos but was wondering how to add my pictures from photobucket so they just appear instead of just being links? Do I need to swap to HMTL and If so how do I do this?

Ben

Karl

« Reply #7 on: 26, May, 2009 - 21:03:07 »
... how to add my pictures from photobucket so they just appear instead of just being links?

..whilst viewing the desired piccie in your photobucket account, select the bottom one of the four options, copy and paste onto the forum.

Benniz

« Reply #8 on: 26, May, 2009 - 21:44:26 »
Thanks Karl!! pics coming on now :D