News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: Close shave....  (Read 3608 times)

Karl

Close shave....
« on: 15, November, 2009 - 16:59:07 »
Driving up to the NEC yesterday the heavens opened and we were caught in the middle of a monsoon...traffic slowed almost immediately as the visibility dropped to virtually zero.

Peering through the gloom I could just make out a mountain bike laying across the middle and outside lanes of the motorway  :o, must have fallen off the back of a car etc.

Just goes to show you never know what to expect when driving along - be careful out there  :-\

Offline techytype

• Battery level: 0
Re: Close shave....
« Reply #1 on: 15, November, 2009 - 18:51:12 »
some time ago, traveling down the A130 from Chelmsford in a line of cars, when 2 suitcases decided to go air borne off the roof rack from the car in front obviously not lshed down by the driver.

avoiding action taken, i chased the errant car and pulled along side to be given 'the finger' by 2 'ladies'.

so suitably charmed, i finally got them to pull over before they lost the remaining suitcase, where i explained fairly graphically why i had chased them, but not a word of apology and did not even look at me  >:(

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #2 on: 15, November, 2009 - 21:05:10 »
Funny you should say that - we avoided several crashes on the M25 and M1 driving home today - lots of debris in the road  and lots of traffic jams- I think the worse area is a sharp roundabout near our house which frequently causes lorries to loose there loads ! You can almost predict it happening.

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #3 on: 16, November, 2009 - 07:14:18 »
Driving up to the NEC yesterday the heavens opened and we were caught in the middle of a monsoon...traffic slowed almost immediately as the visibility dropped to virtually zero.

Peering through the gloom I could just make out a mountain bike laying across the middle and outside lanes of the motorway  :o, must have fallen off the back of a car etc.

Just goes to show you never know what to expect when driving along - be careful out there  :-\

Just think if the C5 shell had come off the back off your car when you brought it to me, someone somewhere would have been saying:- One of them Sinclair C5's must of had and a bad accident, their was only the shell remaining on the side of the road.  ;D

Retro Andy. 

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 16, November, 2009 - 14:18:43 »
I'd have to have gone back and wiped off my registration number.....