News:

C5 Alive attending the following event
Easter Sunday 20th April 2014 - Sandwich Gears of Change Motor Show - Kent
http://classicmusicandmotors.co.uk/flv_portfolio/motor-shows/

Author Topic: Don't lose your wallet or purse.  (Read 4479 times)

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
Don't lose your wallet or purse.
« on: 01, December, 2009 - 14:54:44 »
I can't find my wallet, the last place I had it was at watton. I called my banks and stopped my cards. Dvla said I had to inform the police, so I called my local station, they said I had to call watton station, watton was shut so called tulthford ?  Anyway they sorted it and said my local station could have delt with it. Dvla won't send me a licence because I don't have a means to pay for it lol. It's going to cost 20 sheets.

The derbyshire building society have closed my accout becUse I lost my cash card ( not debit or credit). So I have to find another bank.  Was also very rude, so I'm closing all my accounts with them Saturday.

As my licence was also lost I have had to have an id theft protecton thing that's costing me 7 quid a month.

So let this be a lesson to you all, don't lose your wallet, and for the love of god never ever carry your driving licence with bank cards.

Offline mike7201

• Battery level: 0
    • Portland's very own Royal Manor Theatre
Re: Don't lose your wallet or purse.
« Reply #1 on: 01, December, 2009 - 16:51:50 »
Hi Umpa, sorry to read about your recent mis-fortune.  I too have lost my wallet, but a while back now.  I know only too well the hassle it is to sort everything out.

Some people are just so unhelpful and non-understanding about it aren't they?

Not sure why you have to pay for ID theift insurance though.

All the best.

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #2 on: 01, December, 2009 - 17:03:58 »
Nightmare Umpa - did you have it at the pub we stopped at ? Might be worth giving them a call mate.

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: 01, December, 2009 - 18:28:56 »
The police said they would Call the pub for me, I have to have it because my wallet contains all the info required for someone to clone my idenitiy.

When I mean I have to have it, I meant it's optional but why take the risk ? Id theft is becoming the no1 crime at the mo, and it's not a case of them taking what you have, it's the debt they make in your name. Still I'm covered now so it's pipe and slippers time :)

c515mph

« Reply #4 on: 02, December, 2009 - 03:04:02 »
Realy sorry to hear about your wallet.
Hope you hear some good news soon.

Offline minimin

« Reply #5 on: 02, December, 2009 - 08:48:49 »
Its not been a good week in the finance department  :-[

Karl

« Reply #6 on: 02, December, 2009 - 12:37:22 »
That sounds like a lot of grief umpa, typical of the banks etc to mess you about when you need their help the most  ::)

I believe the Police are obliged to take the details on your first call - being transferred from pillar to post is supposed to be a thing of the past.

I used the internet reporting option when someone keyed Angies SMART car..worked a treat and avoided those long waits on the phone.   

Offline techytype

« Reply #7 on: 02, December, 2009 - 20:24:06 »
real bad luck Umpa, i hope no repercussions.

should ID cards ever become a reality i wonder how that will imping. given the greif over replacing the driving licence?

like many having left my wallet at home or elsewhere, 'lost' it down the back of the car seats canceled everything then found it again  ::), and completely lost a wallet several times, due to the shear worry and inconvenience caused rarely do i have a wallet on me these days, i simply never carry my driving license unless needed abroad for driving.

all i have on me is one bank debit card (way to compulsive to carry evil Barclaycards etc  ;D) and some cash in my pocket, i also keep £30 or so on the vehicle for emergencies like fuel if i forget to reload my pocket cash and leave my card at home.

while i might loose the odd £10/£20 note from time to time, that's better imo than loosing your financial 'life'.

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #8 on: 02, December, 2009 - 21:08:01 »
Sorry to hear you lost your wallet Umpa, got my fingers crossed that it turns up tucked down near your handbrake or somewhere like that. I have'nt every lost my wallet, I tend to take out cash with me and leave the rest at home as I dont like carrying it around.

Retro Andy

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: 03, December, 2009 - 19:36:15 »
On the plus side, the tsb have been awesome to me, and they have sent me new cards already :) so good job to tsb.

I have just had vm 50mg bb installed. Costing me a quid more that 20mg so the YouTube upload should be quicker :).

Karl

« Reply #10 on: 04, December, 2009 - 14:15:09 »
glad to hear you are getting stuff sorted mate  :)