News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: General Stats & Info  (Read 7726 times)

Offline mike7201

• Battery level: 0
    • Portland's very own Royal Manor Theatre
General Stats & Info
« on: 11, September, 2009 - 23:42:36 »
Hello, I'm trying to work out whether I can afford to have a C5 shipped/delivered to me, or whether it would be cheaper (if not more inconvenient) to travel to a seller and collect it.   :-[

Can someone please help answer the following...

1.  What are the dimensions of a C5 with all accessories attached? (Height, Width, Depth, Length etc.)
2.  What is the weight of a C5 with all accessories attached?
3.  Does anyone know of an existing UK courier who would carry and deliver a C5 to a UK address?

There's a slight chance someone may actually know the answers, so it's worth a go I suppose.
I want a C5 so badly, I'm considering everything I can which is reasonable.  Don't suppose there's anyone out there willing to act as courier for a beautiful day out in Weymouth and fuel costs?  If I don't ask, I'll never know.

Thanks again guys.  I'm getting there.  I look forward to when I can finally say 'I got one'!!  Then I'll find that I'm too far for a rally! :o
« Last Edit: 11, September, 2009 - 23:44:21 by mike7201 »

Karl

Re: General Stats & Info
« Reply #1 on: 12, September, 2009 - 08:55:54 »
Hi Mike,

In answer to your queries ;

The c5 is roughly 6ft long , by 2ft wide and 2ft tall (not exact measurements,but close enough). Mirrors would make it wider but are easily removed for delivery purpose. Recommended to save damaging them.

Weight without battery is about 99lbs

I've looked at a few courier companies and most are reluctant to deal with a c5 because of its size. They do fit on a pallet if stored vertically but they need to be properly packaged to prevent damage.

There is a list of cars that people have squeezed a c5 into ;
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=73.0

It might prove cheaper to hire a larger car for the day and collect a c5, rather than pay a courier and risk damage.

If you're happy to cover all the expenses though, I'd be willing to consider delivering one for you.  Depends on the distances involved, as you need to consider collection and delivery,plus return mileage  :) 

Offline mike7201

« Reply #2 on: 12, September, 2009 - 15:05:10 »
Wow!  Thanks matey for that information...  You're all so helpful on this forum!

Here's the problem.  I have decided to purchase the one which Jason is selling.  (http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=650.0)

He's in High Wycombe, and I'm in Dorset (Weymouth).

Yeah...  It's a tall order I know, but I can wait and let this pass me by, or get it, cherrish it, look after it and enjoy it.

Time's running out though.  What would you suggest? 

Mike

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
« Reply #3 on: 12, September, 2009 - 18:27:50 »
Hi - well that's not far really - iPhone says its a 3 hr drive, which you can take my word is very doable.  Assuming you have a driving licence you should rend a transit for a day.  That's about 35 quid plus diesel. - you wont do it cheaper via Carrier I doubt.

Also there is a lot of crap out there, its worth the cost of a van to get a good one. Then you can join us on the excellent meets we have :)

Offline mike7201

« Reply #4 on: 12, September, 2009 - 19:52:45 »
That's my problem...  I can't drive yet as I haven't passed my test!  I'll be 30 in January and I haven't taken my test - yes I know, it's amazing!

My wife has kindly got me on her insurance and has allowed me to practice with her in the passender seat, as well as me having driving lessons once a week.  We have a baby too, so where we go, baby goes too.  We have a Vauxhall Corsa Trip, so it's useless to carry a C5.  I have a driving test booked for about 5 weeks time, but I can't wait that long. 

Don't know what to do.

Offline mike7201

« Reply #5 on: 12, September, 2009 - 22:48:12 »
Do you reckon I'd get one on a roof rack?

Just checked, and Jason isn't in High Wycombe after all.  I was getting his confused with another I'd seen.  Aaargh! 

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
« Reply #6 on: 13, September, 2009 - 08:35:49 »
Whilst the C5 is light, you would be amazed how heavy they are when you lift above waist hight.  I doubt you would lift one above a car.  That said it has been done ! but I dont recomend it.

I have a small erde trailer that I use to take mine to meetings, do you have a towbar ? - you could always rent a trailer if you do.  When I looked in to it, it was no cheaper than renting a van, but you could take all the family in comfort.

I have been really lucky with my C5's, being only an hour's drive from where I live.

Offline mike7201

« Reply #7 on: 13, September, 2009 - 09:55:18 »
Just makes me want one more!  It's funny isn't it?  The less accessible something becomes you just want it more, and I seem to be trying harder and yet the C5 becomes further and further!! 

Karl

« Reply #8 on: 13, September, 2009 - 10:34:57 »
Do you reckon I'd get one on a roof rack?

Yep - when needs must, you have to improvise,adapt and overcome  ;D

If you look closely, there is a c5 inside the car as well as the one on the roof  8)

This was the only reason I sold the Sierra , it was just too much hassle transporting two c5's. My Estima is much better.

If you do use a roof rack, I'd recommend removing or taping down the front light and removing the handlebar foam and front wheel shroud. Plus rope the boot to the bodyshell or remove it as well.

You'd be surprised how many parts make a bid for freedom going along the motorway. :o
« Last Edit: 13, September, 2009 - 10:36:32 by BooBoo »

Offline mike7201

« Reply #9 on: 13, September, 2009 - 11:05:51 »
You certainly know your stuff - I'll give you that!!  Don't suppose you'd be willing to act as courier for me would you?  I can offer you a good slap up meal, fuel costs, great day out in Weymouth near the beach, and if needs must, a room at the local B&B that I'm good friends with.  Also, we'd both have the pleasure of meeting and establishing links with eachother.  8)

Karl

« Reply #10 on: 13, September, 2009 - 22:29:13 »
You certainly know your stuff - I'll give you that!!  Don't suppose you'd be willing to act as courier for me would you?  I can offer you a good slap up meal, fuel costs, great day out in Weymouth near the beach, and if needs must, a room at the local B&B that I'm good friends with.  Also, we'd both have the pleasure of meeting and establishing links with eachother.  8)

I've read in a recent newspaper that Weymouth has a chippie that featured in the national "top ten" of best Fish & Chip shops...could be tempting  ;D

Have you found another C5 you want to buy, or is it Jason's one in Norfolk that you're after  ?

Offline mike7201

« Reply #11 on: 15, September, 2009 - 16:14:41 »
AAAARGH!

Why can't there be a C5 within easy driving distance from Weymouth? 

Do you ever get the feeling as if the further away something becomes, the more you want it?
« Last Edit: 15, September, 2009 - 16:23:54 by mike7201 »

Offline noonoo

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #12 on: 15, September, 2009 - 18:00:18 »
Hi Mike

We have been told about a C5 for sale in dorset - Karl will give you more details later- when he is back from work.

Offline mike7201

« Reply #13 on: 15, September, 2009 - 19:13:42 »
 :o

REALLY??  Where?  Blimey, don't dangle that in front of me then keep me in suspense!!!
« Last Edit: 15, September, 2009 - 19:23:09 by mike7201 »

Karl

« Reply #14 on: 15, September, 2009 - 22:51:02 »
Mike,

Forward me an email with some contact details that you are happy for me to pass on & I will pass it onto the vendor.

He is located in West Allington, which I assume is near to you ?