News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: Hello from Cambridgeshire!  (Read 2426 times)

aladds

Hello from Cambridgeshire!
« on: 09, April, 2010 - 22:19:51 »
I've already introduced myself a little in the other section, but I'm a little odd with the order of things that I do, so why not now introduce myself afterwards (-:

So, my name is Adam, I'm from Cambridgeshire, I'm an Electrical and Electronic Engineering student at Imperial College London and I should really be revising for my upcoming second year exams. (I am, gradually!) I doubt I'll take the C5 back to London to commute in (I currently cycle from White City to South Kensington every day, mostly quiet roads but one busy section), but if I can set it up with enough lights, reflectors and a nice loud klaxon, I might consider it... (I have secure storage available at both ends)

Anyway, the C5 for me was a bit of an impulse buy, I've really wanted one for quite a while, and I'd been looking at them on eBay. So I just bought it! I've done quite a bit of work on it already, but I've just discovered a problem with the bearings, so I'll need to fix that before it's any use unfortunately!

Karl

Re: Hello from Cambridgeshire!
« Reply #1 on: 09, April, 2010 - 23:00:13 »
I've probably gone blatting past you on my 'bike at some point - I work in Kensington High Street. What a small world.

We ventured around this area on our London run last year  :)

aladds

« Reply #2 on: 10, April, 2010 - 14:10:18 »
Cool! :-)
How would you rate the possibility of using a C5 in London then? I'd be quite worried by larger vehicles, like those newer busses (the 148 springs to mind) which I worry about just on my bike!

On the other hand, paired with a good helmet and bright lights, it might be better than a bike, it does have a strong plastic shell after all...

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
« Reply #3 on: 15, April, 2010 - 20:34:56 »
I enjoyed it (lots), in fact it was awesome - I really like the riding c5 meetings.  There is a video of the event on youtube..

Offline alan1310

• Battery level: 5
  • i wish i was that man
« Reply #4 on: 16, April, 2010 - 12:14:51 »
your not riding around fulbourn are you i keep getting people tell me they have seen me and its not me

aladds

« Reply #5 on: 16, April, 2010 - 17:19:03 »
Yes that would be me :-)