News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: All set for another two years  (Read 2959 times)

Karl

All set for another two years
« on: 01, June, 2010 - 20:10:06 »
I've successfully renewed the domain name registration and site hosting package for the next two years, so all things being equal we can stay on here at least until June 2012  8) 

After that - who knows ? I might be tempted to move on to other things ....

In the meantime, we've the rest of this years events to look forward to , and then in the Autumn we need to start planning for 2011's events.

Renewing the domain name registration did remind me that the past two years have absolutely flown by, probably because we've been involved in so many runs, meetings and other stuff - like helping with filming for a couple of television  programmes, taking part in magazine and newspaper articles, radio interviews and attending numerous car shows and museum events.

Best of all, it shows no sign of slowing down any time soon  8)

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
Re: All set for another two years
« Reply #1 on: 01, June, 2010 - 20:44:02 »
Good news mate  :) and let's hope you DON'T get tempted to do other things after that !

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #2 on: 01, June, 2010 - 20:52:54 »
Totally agree ...   

Brilliant site, lots of nice people and lots of help.  :D

Heres to another 2 years !!!!    ;)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #3 on: 02, June, 2010 - 07:27:32 »
Great stuff Karl, its good to know we all can carry on having some fun for another couple of years at least, the only bad thing is you have just reminded me I've only got two years till the big 40  :o

Retro Andy

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #4 on: 02, June, 2010 - 09:11:17 »
Could there perhaps be an Autosolo type event, i.e. a sprint around cones?
Two classes, 12v and 12v+

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 02, June, 2010 - 09:27:40 »
Could there perhaps be an Autosolo type event, i.e. a sprint around cones?
Two classes, 12v and 12v+

Not a bad idea , the idea of some sort of c5 racing event has been toyed with for a number of years - my c5alive predecessor once proposed a c5 grand prix  ;D

However, the biggest problem is getting enough people to attend such an event to make it worthwhile. As an example, look at the Santa Pod and Brooklands events. Both were free to enter, superb locations and offered track based fun but still not enough to attract double figures of c5 owners. I accept location and dates have their part to play in this, but that will always be the case in whatever is organised.

The organiser of the MGFest in August has proposed an arena based event for the c5's that attend. If there is sufficient interest , that would be an ideal opportunity to have the sprint challenge etc.