News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: Main problems with C5  (Read 5635 times)

Speccyman

Main problems with C5
« on: 02, May, 2009 - 13:11:44 »
Hello, I am now owner of a C5 for two years. Not a long time, I know. I was not using it very often, caused by the two main problems I think this small car has:

- The motor of the standard one is quite weak. I love upon a small hill, but I cannot drive somewhere far. Everywhere it goes down and when I go back I will be not able to do it a long time.

- The motor is not only too weak, but also a gear for the pedals is missing.

- The brakes are horrible, especially the rear brake.

I would be interested if anyone have solutions for these three things. Of course I heard about the 24V version, but I would loose the allowance to drive on the roads. At the end I donĀ“t want it be faster, just stronger that I can get up small hills.

This discussion I am missing in this section, but maybe because these are all known facts and you discussed about this already long time ago...

Regards

Thomas
P.S. Sorry for my English, I live in Germany.

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
Re: Main problems with C5
« Reply #1 on: 02, May, 2009 - 14:59:37 »
Hi Tom,

Well - the C5 is well known to be under powered and it needs you being perpared to pedal up the hills, so you might want to consider replacing the missing gear.

There are some mods were you fit a sturmy archer bike gearbox, to help get the maximum out of your motor, other than 24v that's all I can think of.

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #2 on: 03, May, 2009 - 09:50:57 »
These are not problems with a c5, more like characteristic's, altough some people have made mods too improve the motor, brakes and gears, i am lucky to live where their are little hills, more like humps. But i'm sure you can make a few changes to make yours more useable.

Retro Andy 

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
« Reply #3 on: 04, May, 2009 - 11:24:48 »
These are not problems with a c5, more like characteristic's,

Good point - lol