C5Alive General Category > C5 Meetings & Events

C5@30

<< < (2/15) > >>

Karl:
A huge factor in deciding where to hold this event must always be when it is going to be held. Assuming the aim is to celebrate the actual launch date of the c5 , as we did for c5-25 ,then you're looking at a date in January . Being mid-winter this means you need to consider holding it indoors , which then means you also have to look at the venues & facilities available and what the cost implications are.

The c5-25 event was a mixed bag, we were lucky that Brooklands supported us and offered the exhibition room free of charge. Not so lucky with the weather as it was snowed off and had to be rescheduled for February.

If you decide to go for an indoors event (or at least sheltered) then the next factor to consider is size of venue. Although the level of support provided by those that helped with c5-25 on the day was amazing, it has to be said that the number of c5 owners and invited guests that actually showed up was far less than promised. Most of our audience on the day was from spectators for the VSCC meeting being held at Brooklands at the same time.

Just some points to consider  :)

danny7147:
Those are some very good points! So what are people's feelings on this? Brilliance could potentially be worth contacting again for a January event to coincide with launch date, or we could plan a summer show for this one. Although it would of course be nice to do it on 11/1, people as a whole remember the C5 for 1985 so I could see a summer show drumming up a lot more interest!

danny7147:
That's a good start, can I start having some opinions too on whether to do two shows, one for the anniversary and one summer, or just one... And also any other suggestions for places or shall I poll these two? I'm happy to organise but really need to know it won't just be me that turns up lol :-)

PLOD11:
Gaydon for me as well, I personally would not be around for the January event  :(, but def on the summer event  ;)

John - Plod11

C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER:
Gaydon would be fine with me
Chas

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version