News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: 24v kit question  (Read 3876 times)

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
24v kit question
« on: 10, September, 2008 - 19:44:33 »
I know from reading your other posts that at the moment these have been withdrawn. As i'm thinking of buying a C5 that comes with ( not yet fitted ) a C5Alive 24v Kit, would you advise ( if i was to bid and buy ) not to fit the kit, or was it a small batch of the kits that caused the gearbox problem.

It would be good to get one 24v for that extra little bit of power, and the fact that this one has one included is tempting me, but obviously i don't want the gearbox to go bang straight away.

Karl

Re: 24v kit question
« Reply #1 on: 10, September, 2008 - 20:02:43 »
Hiya mate,

There is nothing wrong with the 24v kits, quite the opposite - they are a bit too good  8)

If you leave them at standard settings they give you a bit more top speed, better hill assist and slightly better acceleration. But not enough extra performance to really justify the cost.

It's when you start altering the settings to get more oomph that it all goes pear shaped - the gearboxes simply cannot cope  :-[

Shame, because while it lasts the C5 on max power is a real blast  ;D

We've withdrawn the 24v kit from C5alive for a winter revamp. We're going to improve it along the same lines as the power wiring kit and attempt to find a solution to the gearbox problem.

The kit you mention was from the previous version of C5alive, you might want to check and see if it comes complete with the twist grip throttle. Some kits did not include this.

« Last Edit: 10, September, 2008 - 20:05:25 by Karl (C5Alive) »

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
Re: 24v kit question
« Reply #2 on: 10, September, 2008 - 22:35:11 »
So i guess the answer is not to tweak it to much  ;D

Asked the question, and yes, it does come with a twist grip throttle. Unfortunatly no batteries, but i guess a trip to Halfords ( or similar ) sorts that one out.

*After a bit of sensible thinking, it's just going to cost to much  ( initial price, batteries and a 3 hour drive there, and 3 hour drive back ... diesel  ), so going to give this one a miss. If it was about an hour away, i'd definetly bid.

Thanks for the info about the 24v kits though. Something to look out for on any others that come up.
« Last Edit: 11, September, 2008 - 07:16:05 by minidaz »