News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: Motor not running  (Read 1978 times)

Offline Paul

• Battery level: 1
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
Motor not running
« on: 04, July, 2013 - 16:37:31 »
I bought a C5 recently as not working, when I connect the battery the pod lights up normal all led's light up on the right hand side and 2 amber lights on the left side but I just get a clicking from the relay and 1 green light on the left when I push the micro switch, after trying several times the motor did run so I know the motor is ok but I could only get it to run that one time.

Any guidance would be appreciated......Paul.

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
Re: Motor not running
« Reply #1 on: 04, July, 2013 - 20:19:40 »
Have you checked the motor on its own ? (direct connection to the battery)

Also is the battery ok  ?

John- PLOD11

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
« Reply #2 on: 05, July, 2013 - 08:26:05 »
Hi there I think the brushes are stuck you need to release them ...But First of all do as Plod11 says and connect the motor direct to a battery and see if it runs if it does not then I think it will  the brushes ..Bye Chas

Offline Paul

• Battery level: 1
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
« Reply #3 on: 05, July, 2013 - 09:36:40 »
Hi both,

Thanks I will try the motor direct and get back to you, will be after the weekend now though

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
« Reply #4 on: 05, July, 2013 - 19:05:41 »
Ok but if it the brushes are stuck you can look down the brush tube and see some copper braiding .You can spray some WD 40 then ease them up a little and then push them back a few time BUT BE CAREFUL THE BRADING CAN SNAP.. the best way is to dismantle the motor but If you are not sure how to do it don't ....Bye Chas (ps sometimes using a rubber hammer to tap the motor is all you need )
Bye Chas