News:

C5 Alive attending the following event
Easter Sunday 20th April 2014 - Sandwich Gears of Change Motor Show - Kent
http://classicmusicandmotors.co.uk/flv_portfolio/motor-shows/

Author Topic: ** both sold ** Sinclair C5's for sale. Baldock, Herts  (Read 3831 times)

Karl

** both sold ** Sinclair C5's for sale. Baldock, Herts
« on: 04, December, 2012 - 19:11:00 »
A little unusual this, so please read the text very carefully !!

These are copies of emails from the vendor ;

Hello Karl,
We were in touch last year and you kindly put me in touch with "Radio Marty" who supplied me with re-con electronic boxes for my C5s.
I live in Menorca, Spain and the C5s that I have were brought over in the '80's and used unsucessfully for rental purposes. I purchased them as a job lot and all run fine except one which I have resigned myself to use for spares.
Next month I have the opportunity of getting at least two maybe three back to Baldock, Herts. in a covered trailer.
I was wondering if you think there might be a market to sell them in the UK as I don't need six of them!
I would only be in Baldock on 22nd Dec. and then for a few days over New Year.  Sadly there will not be room in Baldock to store them.  All are in reasonable to good condition with all original parts including matching keys.  Batteries not included.
If you have any ideas I would appreciate hearing from you.
Regards
Steve Fox

A further reply ;

Can now confirm that I can definately get two C5s back to UK just before 21st Dec. in a covered trailer.
As previously mentioned my time scale in extremely limited to 22nd. Dec. in Baldock where they will end up.
At present, our friend, the owner of the trailer is in Dubai so will not be in touch with him until the w/e.  He does not have room to store them nor the trailer at home so depending on where he will be storing it locally they might be able to stay in it for a while.
Photos are attached and they are both in sound running order with, thanks to you, new electronic boxes fitted 14 months ago supplied by Radio Marty.
All original condition, ignition and boot both use the same key in the original locks.  Keys reproduced some years ago by a locksmith friend!
Obviously they both have the odd graze but nothing drastic.
Value? I don't really know but tampered versions seem to be on offer for £200 odd with better versions @ £250 plus.  Am open to offers.
Any help that you can give me would be much appreciated.
Best regards
Steve

As you can see these are two very nice c5's , but please only contact the vendor if you are in a position to collect them as per the text.

He can be contacted via email at;  steve@menocars.com
« Last Edit: 01, January, 2013 - 17:24:14 by BooBoo »

Karl

Re: 2 x Sinclair C5's for sale. Baldock, Herts
« Reply #1 on: 23, December, 2012 - 09:01:46 »
1 sold , 1 left.

If you're interested in the remaining one get in touch with the vendor asap  8)

Offline Hirez

• Battery level: 2
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
Re: 1 now sold ! 1 still left Sinclair C5 for sale. Baldock, Herts
« Reply #2 on: 23, December, 2012 - 23:49:59 »
Thank you very much Steve. The one I bought is fantastic! I gave the bearings a good grease and checked over the electrics, but it's in such good condition, there was nothing for me to do. I hooked up a Halfords type 038 battery, and off it went. The pod lights do everything they should. Even the front and rear bulbs are fine!

One very happy buyer. 10 out of 10.  :D

Offline Hirez

• Battery level: 2
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
« Reply #3 on: 23, December, 2012 - 23:55:31 »
P.s. thanks to c5alive too! I shudder at some of the ones that I was considering on the auction sites before I came here. Great site. Long may it continue!

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 25, December, 2012 - 08:30:28 »
P.s. thanks to c5alive too! I shudder at some of the ones that I was considering on the auction sites before I came here. Great site. Long may it continue!

Sounds like you got yourself a real bargain mate, well done  ;)

Thanks for your comments about c5alive  8)

Karl

Re: ** both sold ** Sinclair C5's for sale. Baldock, Herts
« Reply #5 on: 01, January, 2013 - 17:24:37 »
both of these c5's are now sold