News:

"You Tube" footage of the C5alive meetings
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=303.0

Author Topic: C5 for sale!!!  (Read 4234 times)

Bonesy

C5 for sale!!!
« on: 25, April, 2009 - 17:06:39 »
Ok, i know, what a cop out. Only had it for a few months and now i want to sell it...

This was what i bought...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/sinclair-c5_W0QQitemZ260369685813QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Collectables_OtherTransportation_RL?hash=item260369685813&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A13%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

The guy claimed it was working although when i got there it wasn't. Alan looked over it for me and reckons it's in good nick and Martin would be able to sort out the pod and box though don't know if he's got round to sending them off yet. It's been converted and has an air horn fitted.

I paid £225 after he knocked of £20 for it not actually running. We put on new rear tyres.

So, anyone interested in purchasing this machine or going to convince me not sell!

Bonesy

Offline minimin

• Battery level: 0
Re: C5 for sale!!!
« Reply #1 on: 25, April, 2009 - 17:38:47 »
Hiya.
I've just got myself a C5, that is in much worse nick than that, and I don't half love it! Its great on pedal power!!!! If get it working, then it will be worth a LOT more too ;). Also, they really are great machines and once you've had a go, you won't be off it. So please I beg you don't sell!!!!!!

That all sounds a bit dramatic, but really it was a great buy and I wouldn't let it go.

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
« Reply #2 on: 25, April, 2009 - 18:20:48 »
Well - all I can say is I wont be selling mine. Its  cost me an arm and a leg to get right, but the fun of driving the thing & meeting such wonderful ppl here on C5Alive has me hooked. I don't begrudge a penny !

I'm sure that Karl and Martin could get it going as cheaply as possible for you.

If the wife would let me I would buy another.

Chin up dude, were here to help if we can.

regards

Ian

Offline scott

• Battery level: 8
« Reply #3 on: 25, April, 2009 - 21:55:12 »
alright bonsey! its sounds like theres not much to do to get your c5 fixed, why don't you get it sorted out and give it a few runs and then make a decision and you wont lose out on money if you decide to sell it, take a look at the reck of a c5 i brought and my progress so far and perhaps you wont feel so down hearted with yours, scott   

p.s the pictures of my c5 are in the gallery.

Offline minimin

• Battery level: 0
« Reply #4 on: 25, April, 2009 - 23:33:10 »
alright bonsey! its sounds like theres not much to do to get your c5 fixed, why don't you get it sorted out and give it a few runs and then make a decision and you wont lose out on money if you decide to sell it, take a look at the reck of a c5 i brought and my progress so far and perhaps you wont feel so down hearted with yours, scott   

Hiya,
your C5 looks to be in a similar state to mine... how did you get the pedal arms off?
Thanks
Mark

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #5 on: 26, April, 2009 - 09:59:18 »
Dont sell ! Dont sell ! Dont sell !    If you sell your c5 for a couple of hundred quid it won't go far these days, pay the phone bill maybe ? or keep it and have some fun on it, its a cheap hobby and great fun. I only wished i could attend more runs, have you been on one ? if not go to one before you decide thats what i say. The first run on went on i had a smile on my face like the joker all day.

Retro Andy .

Bonesy

« Reply #6 on: 27, April, 2009 - 12:36:28 »
Just the response i was expecting!!  ;D

I know it'll be great fun but my real issues are that where i'm currently living i have no space to keep it at all, i'm also very low on funds, i'm even selling my motorbike on ebay, i mean, a battery and getting the electrics done is going to be over £100! I'm off work this week and probably heading to Cambridge so i'll drop round and try to make a decision!

Would love to make it to a show, was going to try and get to Brooklands but had transport issues that weekend!

Bonesy

« Reply #7 on: 29, April, 2009 - 13:37:07 »

Looks like you're doing a good job there Scott! How are you getting on with the project?

Offline alan1310

• Battery level: 5
  • i wish i was that man
« Reply #8 on: 30, April, 2009 - 14:47:07 »
tom you are an *pardon my French* i have been saving my pennies to send my box and pod off and peddled it 2 miles to lauras mums so i could store it for you  so we could both get a run together thats 18 years of friendship down the pan now huffffffff ;D

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
« Reply #9 on: 09, May, 2009 - 11:59:39 »
Whats the score then ?

Did you sell it ? are you keeping it ?

C'mon the suspense is killing me !!!!!!!!.

Bonesy

« Reply #10 on: 15, May, 2009 - 11:22:22 »
tom you are an *pardon my French* i have been saving my pennies to send my box and pod off and peddled it 2 miles to lauras mums so i could store it for you  so we could both get a run together thats 18 years of friendship down the pan now huffffffff ;D

Sorry Al,

Ah, so it's at Laura's Mums now, was wondering where it would end up, sorry i didn't see you last time i was home. I will call you today!  ;D

Bonesy

« Reply #11 on: 15, May, 2009 - 11:26:33 »
Whats the score then ?

Did you sell it ? are you keeping it ?

C'mon the suspense is killing me !!!!!!!!.

Well, still unsure, someone may be interested so i'll keep you posted! At least if it i do sell it you may have a great new member for the forum!