News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: Thinking about selling my C5's  (Read 6946 times)

giles

Thinking about selling my C5's
« on: 06, March, 2010 - 07:45:27 »
Hi Folks,
We have just bought a house needing lots (and lots!) of work.... and we are running out of money fast!
I have already sold my Hillman Imp :-[ and we are now looking at possibly selling the C5's, although it seem like a drop in the ocean compaired with what we are spending on the house.....

Anyway the first one was supplied by C5Martin and is a simple machine, no electronics, just a go button and the light switch.  C5Martin stripped it down and gave it the C5Martin treatment wider drive belt and chassis clean up etc.... it is a well known machine having been out on the runs.  It has the leisure battery quick release battery terminals and a car battery.  It has good tyres and goes really well.  It has recently been serviced and is fitted with a few extras like motor cooling fan and a brace between the rear axle, high vis mast new stripes etc.....  £300
http://s1022.photobucket.com/albums/af344/carchap/Sinclair%20C5%20300GBP/

The second was suplied by Adam Harper and has many new parts and accessories, it came with the key block and sinclair battery but I switched this to the leisure battery quick release terminals.  It came fully serviced by Adam who fitted many new parts.  It has new low rolling resistance Schwable tyres and tubes all round, new drive belt, he has even fitted a brand new control box and pod ££££'s!!  It has the mirrors (still boxed), full wet weather gear, side panels, tonneau cover and full coat all new still in packaging, hig vis mast and an original boxed accessory horn!  £450
http://s1022.photobucket.com/albums/af344/carchap/Sinclair%20C5%20300GBP/Sinclair%20C5%20450GBP/

Cheers, Giles
« Last Edit: 25, March, 2011 - 16:49:52 by giles »

Karl

Re: Thinking about selling my C5's
« Reply #1 on: 06, March, 2010 - 10:30:11 »
Sad to hear you need to sell up so quickly mate, you never even made it to a c5alive run  :o

I do understand though , it took me five years to renovate my place. We purchased it fully aware it needed a lot of work - but we were stunned at how much everything seemed to cost, not including all the hidded problems we uncovered.

So you're doing the right thing by getting your house sorted first. Once you're back on top of things you can always get another c5  :) 

giles

« Reply #2 on: 07, March, 2010 - 12:30:00 »
How do I add photos on here?!
Cheers, Giles

Offline mike7201

• Battery level: 0
    • Portland's very own Royal Manor Theatre
« Reply #3 on: 07, March, 2010 - 14:25:46 »
Hi Giles, simply upload photos to a free account at www.photobucket.com, then when replying to this thread, select the option above the smileys, and next to the 'flash' symbol select 'Insert Image'.

When you click 'Insert Image', your cursor will appear between two of these boxes - [img][img]

It is between these boxes that you type, or paste the link to the photos which are stored on your Photobucket account. 

Then, you do that for each photo. 

Hope this helps?  That's how I do it anyway, I don't know if others do it differently.

The more the merrier though.

Mike

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #4 on: 07, March, 2010 - 16:20:07 »
Its a shame that you are having to sell your C5's, but if anyone near King's Lynn buys one would be glad of some company when going out sometime. I fully understand the cost of home improvements, we have had to take some time out when it comes to a new kitchen untill we can efford to buy one, at least we are warm and dry  :)

Retro Andy

giles

« Reply #5 on: 07, March, 2010 - 20:50:52 »
Pictures added by way of a hyperlink to photobucket, see original text....
Cheers, Giles

Karl

« Reply #6 on: 08, March, 2010 - 08:32:53 »
How do I add photos on here?!
Cheers, Giles

It's all in the forum guide;
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=627.0

..reproduced here;
Using photobucket

1) log into your own photobucket account

2) place your cursor onto the picture you wish to post within the topic on this forum, you will see four options appear

3)  right click & copy the fourth/bottom option (IMG code)

4) paste the link into the posting

Your picture should now feature in the forum posting.

Remember, if you move or delete the picture within your photobucket account then it will automatically be deleted from this forum.

giles

« Reply #7 on: 08, March, 2010 - 19:12:51 »
Thanks Booboo, finally I have added pictures you can now see, wahoo!
Connie and I rode into Stratford town centre on Sunday (gorgeous weather!) and we literally stopped traffic, tourists were photographing us and people having their photo taken next to them, so funny!  They are so fab and yes we did discuss about how much money we save on parking costs!  Who knows....... :-)
Cheers, Giles

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #8 on: 09, March, 2010 - 07:58:12 »
You might get more if you sell the accessories seperatly on e-bay, I've seen mirrors go for a good price recently, if you did, I would be interested in the side panels. Let me know, many thanks.

Retro Andy.

giles

« Reply #9 on: 10, March, 2010 - 09:59:52 »
Stop press......
Connie say's we can keep them!
Yipee  ;D

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #10 on: 10, March, 2010 - 10:08:29 »
I take it you'll be keeping the side panels aswell  :'(

Retro Andy

Offline MikeDX

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #11 on: 10, March, 2010 - 10:41:01 »
Stop press......
Connie say's we can keep them!
Yipee  ;D

Thats great news!

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #12 on: 10, March, 2010 - 15:42:41 »
Great new's Giles - enjoy them hope you can make it to a run.

giles

« Reply #13 on: 11, March, 2010 - 07:08:49 »
Yes the C5 runs.....

The problem is that they don't fit into any of our vehicles... even the landy.
So unless you have a run starting from Stratford upon Avon I'm stuffed!  Maybe I could roll the sides up in the summer and poke the nose out the side a little... we will see.

Cheers, Giles

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #14 on: 11, March, 2010 - 07:26:13 »
Try and come along to a run if you can sometime, I've been lucky to borrow a small van from work when needed. The runs are really the best part of owning a C5, getting out and about as a group, seeing people's face's and having a pint and a ice cream  :) Glad to here you are able to keep your C5's mate.

Retro Andy