News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: 24th Anniversary  (Read 4190 times)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
24th Anniversary
« on: 10, January, 2009 - 12:54:50 »
Yes today as you all know is the 10th Jan, 24 years since the c5 launch, how many of us have the B***'S to brave the cold today, i went to work on mine which is about a ten minute ride, coming home at miday the temperature was -3, I'm glad i done my bit to celerabrate, next year the 25th anniversary will be 10.01.10 so what ever and where ever we meet we sould bring are c5's together by 10.10 am (1001101010 do you think we might enter the Matrix ?)

Retro Andy .

Karl

Re: 24th Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: 10, January, 2009 - 16:51:36 »
top marks for remembering mate  ;D

I didn't go out on my c5 coz I was at work today, commuting the 36miles each way on a loan bike (my 900 diversion is awaiting repair after I was knocked off on 29th December) .The display on the loan bike was showing air temperature of  -10  :o.......and I had ice forming inside my visor
so yeah, I agree it was a bit nippy out  ;).

Anyone else brave the elements to celebrate the launch date ?

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #2 on: 10, January, 2009 - 17:05:50 »
Sorry to here about your bike mate, hope you was ok, at least if get you hit in a c5 you dont have quite as far to fall before hurts.

Retro Andy

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 10, January, 2009 - 17:32:37 »
Sorry to here about your bike mate, hope you was ok, at least if get you hit in a c5 you dont have quite as far to fall before hurts.

Retro Andy

cheers mate - luckily no injuries, probably coz I wasnt even moving when the car collided with my bike  ::) ...cant say much more at the moment as it is still going through the insurance companies  :-X.

with hindsight I should have used my c5 today, at one point I was wobbling along at a mere 17mph ,not much faster than a c5  :P

Offline fezza_rs

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #4 on: 11, January, 2009 - 16:14:23 »
i went to the shop and for a ride round the village on agro with about 10 kids on bikes in tow asking me what it was and where did i get it lol. Nothing i have ever driven gets attention like a c5 dose every time i go out on one i never fail to get some sort of reaction out of passers by asking me what it is or the local asbo kids giving it a cheer as i cruise past lol

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 12, January, 2009 - 15:20:23 »
i went to the shop and for a ride round the village on agro with about 10 kids on bikes in tow asking me what it was and where did i get it lol. Nothing i have ever driven gets attention like a c5 dose every time i go out on one i never fail to get some sort of reaction out of passers by asking me what it is or the local asbo kids giving it a cheer as i cruise past lol

the thing with youngsters taking a liking to the c5 is that they take it
at face value and tend to think its quite cool - they haven't got any pre-formed ideas coz they're too young to remember all the negative publicity  :).