News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: pod  (Read 4293 times)

dave in hull

pod
« on: 19, April, 2012 - 18:29:05 »
Unlucky or wot got two c5s with the same problem battery full then level gos down then you turn it off and back on and full again then again and again

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
Re: pod
« Reply #1 on: 19, April, 2012 - 18:41:40 »
 I would say this is problem on the control board.

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 19, April, 2012 - 19:23:47 »
a faulty control box is possible ...assuming you're using the same battery are you sure the battery is not kaput ?

I'd have the battery properly load tested to check its not duff , or at least try an alternative battery to rule it out .

Failing that a break in the small brown wire can also cause similar symptoms .

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #3 on: 19, April, 2012 - 19:26:40 »
Can you give us a bit more detail - are the battery levels dropping rapidly ?. Surprisingly it is normal for the pod to reset to a full battery condition when you turn it off and on - it then starts to decline depending on your battery - Is the battery in good condition ? have you another to try ? - basically the turning off and on and finding a fully charge condition is not a fault this is normal - the concern is how fast it is declining in relationship to the condition of the battery - hope that makes sense. 

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
« Reply #4 on: 19, April, 2012 - 19:59:19 »
I have had the same problem a few times  and the problem was the ULA chip in the pod ... But as others have said it needs to be checked out and the quickest way is to use another pod (That is if you have a spare .....)
bye Chas

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #5 on: 19, April, 2012 - 20:50:46 »
I have had exactly the same problem, in my case i changed the ztx transistor and the ic, that seemed to cure it.

If you have one of Chas kits, there should have been a link wire for inside the control box.

Bring them along to Santa pod, we will sort it for you  8)

John

• Millennium Member
« Reply #6 on: 19, April, 2012 - 22:25:15 »
Hi there Dave if the link wire is not there sorry I will post you one in the morning... bye Chas .all I want is your address ...please email me it .....Chas

• Millennium Member
« Reply #7 on: 20, April, 2012 - 18:24:47 »
Ok thanks just posted the small cable ..Also photo's on how to connect it up .. bye Chas

Offline MikeDX

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #8 on: 20, April, 2012 - 19:54:11 »
I have this same 'rapid battery level drop' problem on my 'Dave' C5

It isnt the battery (have three, one of which is brand new)

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #9 on: 20, April, 2012 - 19:56:24 »
Have you swapped Pods yet bud ?

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
« Reply #10 on: 20, April, 2012 - 20:14:58 »
Its the red 10 core cable and it will be the connector to the POD connector. Check for corrosion. I have the same issue have to turn / remove battery and it works for a few seconds and loose 1 or 2 LED. Battery full charged. Wiggle the connector at the back and LEDs work again.

Hope it helps

Lance

• Millennium Member
« Reply #11 on: 21, April, 2012 - 14:00:01 »
Hi there Dave thats great but in some cases it will make no difference ..I do now of two C5s running for over two years without the small wire ...But I hope it will cure yours ...Regarding the 10 red wire connector  I do have a spare one that you could use to test the pod with ..
Just let me know ....bye Chas

Karl

« Reply #12 on: 21, April, 2012 - 16:54:28 »
I have had the same problem a few times  and the problem was the ULA chip in the pod ... But as others have said it needs to be checked out and the quickest way is to use another pod (That is if you have a spare .....)
bye Chas

I was getting a c5 ready for tomorrow's Crawely run and had this exact fault crop up ! After exchanging several components it was traced to a faulty pod same as Chas mentions here.