News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: C5 in a car?  (Read 9865 times)

Offline MikeDX

• Battery level: 1
C5 in a car?
« on: 14, April, 2009 - 20:19:37 »
At some point (sooner rather than later I hope) I will be collecting my very own C5. I doubt if it will be a runner, as I want a project, but I'm wondering whether I will have to hire a van / estate car to move it in.

Do C5's fit in the backseat of cars or on the passenger side with the back lay down flat?

How do you move yours when not driving it?

Karl

Re: C5 in a car?
« Reply #1 on: 14, April, 2009 - 20:24:40 »
..always a bit tricky as C5's are quite a unique shape,  this might help ;

http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=73.0

We might need to update this & add other vehicles to the list  :)

Umpa uses a trailer , which is probably what I should have gone for rather than sell my beloved Mercedes coupe    :'(

Offline MikeDX

« Reply #2 on: 14, April, 2009 - 20:32:05 »
Hey Karl thanks for that link, some good info there

I have a Megane CC - not the most spaceous car in the world, however, i'm thinking that I could quite easily get a C5 in the backseat or passenger seat, as long as the roof is down!

Well, as Harry Hill says.. There's only one way to find out! :)

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 14, April, 2009 - 20:41:40 »

.....I have a Megane CC...

..You will be familiar with  "wind in the hair" motoring then  ;D  8)

Offline MikeDX

« Reply #4 on: 14, April, 2009 - 22:26:14 »
Ah yes, although with the summer we've had last year, there's hardly been much "wind in the hair motoring" opportunity! :(

We were having a great summer until I bought that car!!

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: 15, April, 2009 - 06:55:12 »
Mike, I would strongly suggest you measure the inside of you car first.  The C5 is bigger than it looks, I cant even get mine in the house its to big for the door & to big for the coal house (where I intended to keep it).

Look forward to seeing your project and perhaps you at some meets :)

Offline MikeDX

« Reply #6 on: 15, April, 2009 - 12:48:50 »
I think I need to pay a visit to Karl (or maybe somebody closer to home if possible) to see what the deal is. I'm pretty sure it will fit in the car, but I will have to put the roof down first, then drop C5 in, then put the roof back up!

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #7 on: 15, April, 2009 - 13:42:34 »
I can just fit mine into my xantia, but i have to remove the back seat base's and with the passenger seat forward it fits ok, the rear seat base's are fitted with two nuts each so it take about five minutes to get it ready.

Retro Andy

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
« Reply #8 on: 15, April, 2009 - 17:24:03 »
We've got an Estima like Karls, so luckily, getting one in isn't a problem ( just got to get one first  ;D )
Karl, with one in, what seating arrangement are you left with ?
( i'm pretty sure we've got the same seat set up as yours: 2 : 2 : 3 )

Only asking as might be going to get one soon, and trying to decide if we can all go or not.

Daz

Karl

« Reply #9 on: 15, April, 2009 - 18:05:45 »
We've got an Estima like Karls, so luckily, getting one in isn't a problem ( just got to get one first  ;D )
Karl, with one in, what seating arrangement are you left with ?
( i'm pretty sure we've got the same seat set up as yours: 2 : 2 : 3 )

Only asking as might be going to get one soon, and trying to decide if we can all go or not.

Daz

Mine is the 8 seater, with two rows of "bench seats" and not the "captains chairs"

When placing just the one c5 in my Estima I fold the rear seats up against the windows, then swing the middle set of seats around so they face backwards.

With the front wheel shroud removed, you can place the front wheel of the C5 in between the two seats (that are now facing backwards). It holds the c5 in place beautifully  8).

You could still fit someone in the middle row, they'd just have the front of a c5 sat next to them  - and they would have to travel facing backwards, which no one in my family likes.

The only criticism of the Estima is that it's a little bit narrow for carrying two c5's , especially if they both have mirrors fitted. They do fit in but I reckon the Previa would be easier  :)

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
« Reply #10 on: 16, April, 2009 - 08:16:38 »
Thanks for the info.
I'll probably put the rears against the window and have a play with the captains chairs and see what works best  :)

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: 05, May, 2009 - 17:56:21 »
Mike, did you get a C5 and some kind of transport ?  the horsham pubrun is looming would good to see you again :)

Offline MikeDX

« Reply #12 on: 24, May, 2009 - 16:24:51 »
I never did get a C5 - or a different car! However, the C5 was on a "to-get" list of 4 items, and I now have the other 3, so anytime soon now surely (right price and right time though.. so may be a wait..)

It'll never fit in my car thats for certain - I missed out on 3xc5's but didnt have transport.

Patience!!

Sorry for the late reply! I need some sort of alter setup on here...

Offline MikeDX

« Reply #13 on: 21, July, 2010 - 22:32:18 »
Well, I pick up my toyota estima (lucida) tomorrow so I'm hoping although it is 10cm narrower (according to the specs) than a standard estima I can still get 2 c5s in the back!

I must be crazy...

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #14 on: 22, July, 2010 - 05:37:01 »
Good news - somewhere to store my trailer in at the next MK run  :) :) :)