News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: getting my new C5 Today  (Read 5189 times)

Offline alan1310

• Battery level: 5
  • i wish i was that man
getting my new C5 Today
« on: 27, August, 2008 - 13:40:36 »
should come today karl should be on his way now and i will tell you all the great adventures that wil happen can anyone tell me are the c5s with the grey boot as bad as people say only noticed when i looked at the pics again

Offline fezza_rs

• Battery level: 4
Re: getting my new C5 Today
« Reply #1 on: 27, August, 2008 - 16:29:39 »
mine is a grey booter and its not been bad at all done plenty of miles in agro!

jomac

« Reply #2 on: 27, August, 2008 - 17:50:05 »
Carnt wait for the pics   8)

Got a name for it yet?

Jeffers

« Reply #3 on: 27, August, 2008 - 20:07:30 »
Sorry to go slightly off topic...
Whats wrong with C5's with grey boots?  :-\

Offline alan1310

• i wish i was that man
« Reply #4 on: 28, August, 2008 - 00:01:49 »
think they were ment to have brittle plastic in the gear boxes or something but as karl said the grey boots dont show up the dirt anyway the new c5 has no name yet and it is sweet. fitted the leisure battery wiring kit and it was a easy as piss apart from me getting over excited and pulled to many wires off and had to phone C5martin :-[ :-[ but all works fine and new tyres and decals to be done on friday after i test the cambridge meet route. can i just say a big thanks to karl and his mate phil who were the legends who droped C52 off to me and hope to see as many of you as can at the cambridge meet on sunday 

DonkeySpank

« Reply #5 on: 28, August, 2008 - 09:44:25 »
Sounds great, welcome to a new world of pain! LOL  ;D You're going to love that C5 mate!  ;) :D ;D

Karl

« Reply #6 on: 28, August, 2008 - 13:19:38 »
think they were ment to have brittle plastic in the gear boxes   

The grey boot versions were the earlier models, and the very early ones had a problem with the gearbox fingers.  As long as the gearbox fingers are the white coloured ones then you should be fine.   

Offline alan1310

• i wish i was that man
« Reply #7 on: 29, August, 2008 - 11:43:07 »
drove to work today for the first time on C52 it seems to be alot smoother than my old one had a few probs with innertubes but all sorted now dont think the tyres are on properly but will be fine finaly back on the road and looking forword to the cambridge meet  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Karl

« Reply #8 on: 29, August, 2008 - 22:05:11 »
..... all sorted now dont think the tyres are on properly

You have to take the time to make sure the tyres are fitted properly, or you could damage them  :o

Retro Andy was having snags which I think was down to his dodgy foot pump meaning he was under-inflating them (his pump read 40psi when mine read 20psi).

This is a link to the tyre fitting thread  ;)

http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=167.0