C5Alive General Category > Welcome To The Forum

Hello everyone

(1/2) > >>

RHB-C5C:
Hello everyone.
My name is Rijk and I live in the Netherlands.  I’m an older youngster . Recently I became  “reinterested” in the C5.     The first time was in the late eighties of the past century when I was with my wife and kids on a bike holiday.  We visited a “traffic park” for kids where they could pedal around in toy cars while learning the traffic rules.  For the adults it was possible to go out on the “street” by renting a C5.  So I did and enjoyed it very much.  The only drawback afterwards was the speed.  It was no alternative for my racing bike.  But bike riding was and still is always a part of my life. That’s why later on I became a member of the Dutch association for human powered vehicles.  At that time there were made big steps forward in the development of the recumbent bikes .
Recently I was browsing the internet and suddenly there appeared a picture of a  C5.  Nowadays speed is no longer my only interest so a little flame started to burn .   I  did a search for a C5 , prices , spare parts and so on.  At the end I landed here on this forum. I’m still wrestling with the idea what I should do. Buying a complete one, restoring one or maybe something else.
regards  Rijk

minidaz:
Hi Rijk and welcome to the forum  :)

Buying one that's complete or near complete will be easier and probably cheaper than buying a 'shed' with the intention of doing a full resto.

However, there's lots of knowledgable people on here that have done both simple and complete restorations ( with added mods along the way ) so i'm sure if you have any questions you'll be able to find an answer.

Darren

RHB-C5C:
Thanks Darren for the advise.  But the idea of something else is growing.
The knowledge about the C5 is the main reason why I'm here.

regRijk

Lancealot:
Hi and welcome to the forum.

What's your idea, please share  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Lance

minidaz:
Quite a few people on the forum have made them go quicker, added extra C5 motors, added petrol engines ... and there's even one on here that looks like a C5 but is a bit different, that can do over 50mph  :o , so be interesting to hear about your plans.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version