C5Alive General Category > Welcome To The Forum

New member - First post

(1/4) > >>

Michael:
Hello.

Have now managed to buy my first C5.
I have kept looking on the famous Internet auction site, and have missed a few that have been local, also some I did not even think about bidding on as was in the process of designing, making and building and two seater sports car, which was a 13 year project, that was completed Easter 2012.

Back the C5. From the pictures it did look mainly complete, just missing the boot box, but no idea on the battery or key switch, but for the price it was at it, was worth a punt.

I collected it on Sundy, knowing it would hang out the back of my dads Ford Focus (it's bigger then my Peugeot 207), I went with sheet and rope in hand. It's been sat outside for about 5 years but under plastic, which had since gone, so lasted about a year in the open, so obviously the chassis is rusty, so is the motor housing, but other then scoring on the body, it's mainly just grubby.  The tyres are perished and hold no pressure, so new tyres and inner tubes to order.

The vehicle id tag is still present and reads: V100050201176 or could be an 8.

Questions to ask at present are,
1. What colour was the original chassis when it left the factory as mines a very light brown. I have not looked to close as it was just getting dark when I started to look at it at home.
2. Can you fit 16x2.125 rear tyres when the Sinclair owners manual says 16x2. I can get 16x1.175.
3. What colour would the boot box be on my id?

Obviously I will be looking to restore the C5.

I will post some pictures when I work out how to use Photobucket and actually get logged in.

Regards Michael

Luke S:
Welcome to the c5alive form. ;) ;) ;)

Luke S:
This is how you work out the age of your C5 using the ID

V100050302778
V1000 = Model reference for C5
5 =1985
03 = March
02778 = 2778th produced that month

Luke S:
Your C5 was made in February 1985 was the  01176th one made that month

Ask someone else what colored boot it should be because I don't know

Hope it helps  ;) ;) ;)

Retro Andy:
Hello and welcome to the forum, congratulations on getting yourself a C5  :)

Retro Andy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version