News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: Im Back!  (Read 3275 times)

Mole

Im Back!
« on: 20, December, 2008 - 16:56:23 »
As metntioned Elsware, i am back! (dramatic drumroll)

Okay, state of my C5 at time of writing:

Chassis reassembled
Body in OK condition (might paint it, might clean it)
Rear tyres replaced and motor in place.

Things to do:

Wire up brakes

Install chain tensioner and sort out master link (witch is currently being held in by a paper clip!)

Add Electronincs (I have complealy removed the original electonincs replacing them with a 12V PWM system and twist grip.

Sort front wheel. (Gonna use a standard C5 tyre with one of C5 alives tyres and tube, but will be looking to swap that for a 12" metal wheel at some point.

Sort missing brake wheel bearing

And then I should be done!

I will try and sort pictures out at some point.

Richard

Karl

Re: Im Back!
« Reply #1 on: 20, December, 2008 - 18:52:50 »
Nice to have you back on board mate  ;)

...a sad tale about some steel wheels , I went to my local Halfords in November to see if they sold any suitable for a C5.

The manager said he had sent a whole van load of partly stripped kiddies bikes to the scrappys just 2 weeks earlier to free up warehouse space for the Christmas rush :o :'(

The load included several brand new 12" steel wheels... :-\

Back on topic, looking forward to seeing you back on the road - the "to do" list doesn't look too grim, although warmer weather would probably help progress  ;) I always prefer sitting on a warm patio in the sunshine repairing my c5,as opposed to a cold poorly lit garage  in the winter :(

If you need help with anything,you know where we are  ;)

« Last Edit: 20, December, 2008 - 19:15:41 by Karl (C5Alive) »