News:

C5 Alive attending the following event
Easter Sunday 20th April 2014 - Sandwich Gears of Change Motor Show - Kent
http://classicmusicandmotors.co.uk/flv_portfolio/motor-shows/

Author Topic: It's not a bad size !  (Read 3406 times)

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
It's not a bad size !
« on: 13, March, 2009 - 12:37:50 »
I am of course talking about the boot. You might be supprised at what you can fit in it. When Sir Clive Sinclair said you can use it for shopping trips - he was right.

OK OK you cant do a weeks shopping for a family of 4, but you can get a shed load in if packed properly.

I get all my work gear - coat, scarf, gloves, shades, hat (gets cold at night), and all my grub.

If like me to start to use the C5 for work or shopping, you might find that carrier bags are no good, as they catch on the lock and rip.  The solution is a Salisbury's Eco bag it fits perfect.  It's made about some sort of hessian stuff and costs 99p.

The weight also stops the boot from clanging when you drive over bumps and pot holes (which seem to magically grow bigger on a C5)

Karl

Re: It's not a bad size !
« Reply #1 on: 14, March, 2009 - 09:42:07 »
I've managed to fit in a take-away meal for two from my local Chinese ;D

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #2 on: 14, March, 2009 - 09:43:54 »
I agree the boot fits my tools needed, wet weather gear, my lunch and shoes, plus you can always put a few things in the right hand footwell if needed (drink, mp3 etc)

Retro Andy

Offline Kurt

• Battery level: 2
« Reply #3 on: 14, March, 2009 - 10:46:32 »
Always have all sorts of rubbish in my boot and have happily got two bags of shopping in there including two 4 pints of milk. (Also need to remember when racing Ray at Brooklands to take some of the rubbish out to give me a fighting chance  :)).

Have to agree about the bumps in the road, but I have the official seat foam on mine and I have to admit it does make a difference. It looks good and although quite thin it does make the seat more comfy.

I found originally when pedal assisting up hill my spine was rubbing a bit on the back of the seat where you are pushing against it but the seat cushion has really taken the edge of that and as far as I am concerned worth every penny.