News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: Voltage Range Query  (Read 1892 times)

Offline DeanMitchell.net

• Battery level: 2
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
Voltage Range Query
« on: 13, August, 2013 - 13:35:20 »
I know this is an old question....

What Voltage on an LED display would render you to pedalling?

Having bought an 80ah Leisure Battery I tested my C5 with no control box/pod - just a large fan and comfortably did 6.6 miles.
When I got home I put an LED volt meter on which said the battery was only down to 11.5v.

So just put the battery on charge for an hour and a half or so this morning.

Then went out for a run and the C5 was very tired after 4 miles... Making a 5.5 mile pedal home.

Tried battery again, believing it to be flat and got home and put the LED meter on it which claimed similar that the battery was allegedly around 11.4 volts?

Cheerz

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
Re: Voltage Range Query
« Reply #1 on: 13, August, 2013 - 19:52:09 »
Hi first of all you must fully charge the battery then take it for a test run but you must remember the more peddling you do to assist the motor the better ..Then fully charge it again and take it for a another run without the fan ...And let us know how it turns out .

Offline DeanMitchell.net

• 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
« Reply #2 on: 14, August, 2013 - 17:17:13 »
Little did I know that apparently a 12V battery is considered fully discharged at 11.2V

I'd bought a new Halfords 'smart' battery charger where the light is supposed to go from Amber = Charging to Green = Charged and maintaining.

After 15 hrs the battery still is on Amber?

Offline steve_1360

« Reply #3 on: 14, August, 2013 - 19:05:11 »
Yes could take 20 plus hours to charge, depends on the output of the charger. If approx 4 Amps and the battery is flat then 80Ah / 4Ah = 20 hours.