News:

"You Tube" footage of the C5alive meetings
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=303.0

Author Topic: Saw Chris Barrie today at a car show.  (Read 3476 times)

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
Saw Chris Barrie today at a car show.
« on: 20, May, 2012 - 19:02:18 »
Decided to go along to the Old Warden classic car show today, which is near Biggleswade. Wasn't a huge show, although i think from looking around, several clubs / traders hadn't turned up, but there was a decent turn out of a wide range of classics.

Anyway, Chris Barrie was there doing a bit of judging, and also doing a show called ' The first 100 machines ' which is him talking about the different machines ( bikes, cars, planes, boats, hovercrafts, tanks, etc etc ) that he has experienced since he started filming the various machine related programmes that he's done. It was an extra £3 but worth it, especially as the 45min talk ended up being 1hr 30mins, and even then he only got through just over half the vehicles .... he had to end it early as he was giving out prizes and everybody was getting ready to go home  ;D

We had just seen the picture / had the talk about the Bugatti Veyron. The next picture came up, there was a little bit of a laugh from the audience, and he said " From the sublime .....  ;D ;D" - It was the C5  ;D

He then said how he had a fun time driving it, how when he first went in it the battery kept dieing, and he had to peddle ...while making it look like he wasn't peddling for the cameras, and the person from c5alive ( so the club / site got a mention  :) )had said that it should work as it was all charged up  ;D
But then the next time he went in it, it was all working fine and he was able to use the motor, so all was well  :)

So apart from the weather being a bit overcast, it wasn't a bad show. Maybe next year i should take the C5 with me  :D

http://www.biggleswadetoday.co.uk/news/local-news/red-dwarf-star-to-appear-at-show-1-3746779

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
Re: Saw Chris Barrie today at a car show.
« Reply #1 on: 20, May, 2012 - 19:06:24 »
Brilliant mate, maybe we should put this IN the events diary for next year for those of us in this part of the world, i would be up for that !!  ;)

Offline MikeDX

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #2 on: 20, May, 2012 - 19:07:19 »
Haha! Excellent

and that C5 he used is now the C5 I use on a regular basis! :D

But must admit I am annoyed as biggleswade is almost C5-able distance from me!!!!

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #3 on: 20, May, 2012 - 19:18:56 »
Used to work in Biggleswade when I lived in Luton and have been to that place a few times - They have a good airshow once a year or so - looks like you had a good day out Daz and a bonus with the C5 popping up  :) :) :) :)

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
« Reply #4 on: 20, May, 2012 - 19:19:12 »
I only found out about the show a few days ago, as i fancied going to a car show but didn't know what was on, so did a bit of googling and found out about it.
What i did find strange was that there was no mention of the show on the Shuttleworth webiste site, even though the event was held in the grounds.

I imagine if it had been a sunny day, and a bit better advertised, then it would have been packed, but it was the first show there after a 2 year break, so maybe next years will be even better ... might be worth making a note as PLOD said  :)

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 23, May, 2012 - 12:56:48 »
Meeting Chris Barrie for the TV filming was a fantastic day out, glad he remembered c5alive   8)

Some piccies from the day , http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,417.msg17484.html#msg17484

Offline jockywilson11

• Battery level: 1

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #7 on: 29, May, 2012 - 06:41:12 »
Good to watch this again  :)

Retro Andy.

Karl

« Reply #8 on: 30, May, 2012 - 04:01:26 »
Good to watch this again  :)

Retro Andy.

Agreed - lovely bit of footage about the c5  8)