News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: Chain Tensioner Spring  (Read 3440 times)

carpy

Chain Tensioner Spring
« on: 25, April, 2009 - 16:54:08 »
Hi....I am looking to replace the chain tensioner spring for my C5, it is about 75mm x 15mm, I know I could perhaps get one from Adam Harper but is there another alternative source? I have tried B+Q, Wickes and Homebase without any success.

Thanks in advance.

carpy

Re: Chain Tensioner Spring
« Reply #1 on: 28, April, 2009 - 23:19:05 »
Thanks for all the help, I have managed to order one from e bay  :)

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 29, April, 2009 - 08:24:40 »
Not everyone always has the answer , which is probably why you didn't get a reply.

In this case, most problems with the tensioner relate to missing clips - yours is probably the first query asking about the spring.

Glad you found a suitable replacement, if it's up to the job you could point others in the same direction if the question crops up again.

That way the forum continues to do its job  :)

Wizbat

« Reply #3 on: 01, May, 2009 - 01:02:28 »
It,s also worth mentioning that it,s worth using a zip tie to secure the tensioner to the nylon clip so it doesn,t come off when going over a bump as I,ve found out to my annoyance several times eh folks!!
(fond memories of wandering round brooklands looking for the damned thing!!!)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #4 on: 01, May, 2009 - 07:48:12 »
Still, it was funny, now when you look back. Almost as funny as Karl breaking voodoo's wheel on the skid pan, if i was'nt in so much pain after the race i would wet myself laughing. Looking forward to this year's meeting at brooklands. 

Retro Andy