News:

C5 Alive attending the following event
Easter Sunday 20th April 2014 - Sandwich Gears of Change Motor Show - Kent
http://classicmusicandmotors.co.uk/flv_portfolio/motor-shows/

Author Topic: Quick(er) C5 question  (Read 9989 times)

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
Quick(er) C5 question
« on: 05, May, 2009 - 12:48:42 »
Got a few ideas , and, after looking around the web, a few questions that i'm sure someone on here will be able to answer  ;D

If i was just after a quick, straight line speed in a C5, rather than something to drive around town on, could i attach a motor straight to a chain, without the need of a gearbox ?

And, would it be feasable to run 2 motors in a C5, and what kind of work do you think this would involve ?

I'm still thinking of going 24v in my current C5 ( just checking the different options ), but also planning on getting another one that i can tinker with  ;D

Karl

Re: Quick(er) C5 question
« Reply #1 on: 05, May, 2009 - 15:22:37 »
I think Fezza was working on a twin motor C5, might want to get in contact with him for some advice/ideas.Not sure how far he has got.

I've seen a few chain drive conversions, so it can be done. If memory serves , the reduction ratio needs to be 13:1 ,but I'm happy to be corrected !

The motor is more than happy coping with 24v - even when the controller is maxxed out - but the weak link remains the gearbox.

Offline minidaz

« Reply #2 on: 05, May, 2009 - 17:46:16 »
Thanks Karl, i'll message him and see what he says.

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #3 on: 07, May, 2009 - 16:35:42 »
I've seen a C5 on e-bay, its advertised as near mint condition and runs out on the 10th May. It is at £520.00 at the moment, but you may find the last picture interesting, the seller is going to be selling a C5 with a 49cc petrol engine. You might be able to get it before it goes on e-bay, it would great fun a bit of fun.   

Retro Andy     

« Last Edit: 07, May, 2009 - 16:37:43 by Retro Andy »

Offline minidaz

« Reply #4 on: 07, May, 2009 - 16:52:51 »
Thanks for the tip. I was actually chatting to Lee about that one when i collected my C5, as he knows the person that built it, and, i believe, has had a go in it aswell.

Have a feeling when that one comes up it will be way past my budget  :D

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
« Reply #5 on: 07, May, 2009 - 17:59:40 »
I've seen a C5 on e-bay, its advertised as near mint condition and runs out on the 10th May. It is at £520.00 at the moment, but you may find the last picture interesting, the seller is going to be selling a C5 with a 49cc petrol engine. You might be able to get it before it goes on e-bay, it would great fun a bit of fun.   

Retro Andy 

Well I can tell you they are in Ilkeston and like last time the reserve still is not met, I doubt they will sell it as it reached this last time.

Leeb7613

« Reply #6 on: 08, May, 2009 - 15:00:35 »
Guys,

Just to let you know, yes I can confirm the C5 you are talking about, belongs to my old mate Chas (The C5 Master), it is BRAND NEW and never been on the road, it is in the best nick I have seen a C5 in.

As for the petrol C5, well what can I say?????
Both me and my son Tom have had a go and I can tell you, it goes like STINK  ;)
It has the 49cc engine, twist throttle, electric start/ stop, working horn and indicators and working speedo, for those of you who like 'pimped up' C5's, it even has twin exhausts  ;D     Its engine is fitted into the rear of the C5 on a specially designed plate/ mount, with chain drive, there is some stuff I will have missed, but I cant remember it all  ???

When this comes up on ebay, its well worth a look see, I do have a short video I was going to put on you tube, but if soemone can tell me how to upload on here, I will give it a go!!

Cheers..Lee

Karl

« Reply #7 on: 08, May, 2009 - 19:42:29 »
That 49cc C5 sounds wicked mate  8)

Pity he doesn't want to hold on to it and show it at "C5-25" in January . I want to have a "modded" section that will include "Malcolm" and the "Ubmobile" etc , assuming all these C5's are still around  :)

Offline minidaz

« Reply #8 on: 08, May, 2009 - 19:57:55 »
You could always buy it Karl  :D

Leeb7613

« Reply #9 on: 08, May, 2009 - 20:32:37 »
Karl,

I know it will be up for sale soon, but Chas is currently working on Mk2 at the moment, so Mk1 might not be up for sale untill Mk2 is completed.

I am going to see Chas tomorrow, so will get the info on what improvements he has designed in over Mk1......I'll keep you all posted!!

Leeb7613

« Reply #10 on: 08, May, 2009 - 20:34:12 »
Sorry forgot.............

I'll see if I can get any photos whilst i'm there, I have the short video, if anyone can tell me if it can be loaded on here??

Offline noonoo

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #11 on: 08, May, 2009 - 22:27:38 »
 Lee

No problem if you want to load it on here - look forward to seeing the video

noonoo

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: 09, May, 2009 - 01:35:44 »
I think lee wants to know how to upload it. Unless I'm mistaken you can only post links, your video will need to be hosted on either YouTube or photobucket. Both have size and format restrictions and require a free account.

Depending on the file size you can always send it to me via msn and I can post it on YouTube.

Leeb7613

« Reply #13 on: 10, May, 2009 - 20:48:55 »
Thanks for the tip, I'll see what i can do!!

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: 10, May, 2009 - 21:03:56 »
Just out of curiosity how much does chas want for his C5

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250418152336

thats a good price but the reserve is still not met.