News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: Standard Gear Box with 16 Volt? (Because of Li-Ion)  (Read 7652 times)

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
Re: Standard Gear Box with 16 Volt? (Because of Li-Ion)
« Reply #15 on: 25, May, 2010 - 20:40:54 »
Hi there Karl tried that but it say's email hidden ...As soon as he has seen the photo's I will take them off ...

Offline techytype

• Battery level: 0
« Reply #16 on: 26, May, 2010 - 08:23:40 »
i had to smile at the speed decal on the boot - was that the minimum speed allowed? lol!

regs
Alan

Karl

« Reply #17 on: 26, May, 2010 - 13:02:24 »
Hi there Karl tried that but it say's email hidden ...As soon as he has seen the photo's I will take them off ...

..Chas, you might not be clicking on the right bit. Don't click on his profile name (shown as "Freedom666") , but look at the three symbols underneath his photo, the middle one is an envelope. Clicking on this should open up a pre-addressed email. It works for me ,but then I have "administrator rights" which might be making the difference ?

• Millennium Member
« Reply #18 on: 26, May, 2010 - 13:41:42 »
Hi there Karl thanks but there is only one symbol below his photo and that is his profile ..It seems that only the Administrator can see more of the contact details ..
Ok no problem .Bye Chas

Freedom666

« Reply #19 on: 27, May, 2010 - 10:39:32 »
Hello,
I changed my profile to accessible email.

Thanks for the nice articles and documents I saved them.

Does anyone definetely know if I am allowed to use the c5 in germany?
Do I need insurance (I think so)

Bye, D.

Freedom666

« Reply #20 on: 27, May, 2010 - 13:15:24 »
Hello All,

I phoned with the so called "TÜV" at my hometown (it is a "authority office" for mobility). They do not know anything. Then I called the "TÜV Typprüfung in Darmstadt - Hessonia" - they told me that they do not know anything about the Sinclair C5. They have no data on this type of vehicle do not have any files on it - they pretend.... They would test it but I would have to pay at least 50-70 Euros (they want to make money).

As I got one in mint condition - I would not change anything on this Sinclair c5 (it would be a pity) but use it only in our street for the little child of my brother me visiting then and now.

The other one "with no pod" and anything else than mint condition I will try to modify it to a pedelec. Or maybe some german Sinclair C5 user can tell me another way to get it legally on the street.

Bye, D.

Karl

« Reply #21 on: 27, May, 2010 - 18:49:39 »
I wish we could be of more assistance but I really don't know anything about the relevant legislation in countries outside the UK.

Good luck with the enquiries, if you make a breakthrough let us know so we can keep the information for future reference.

• Millennium Member
« Reply #22 on: 27, May, 2010 - 22:01:03 »
Hi there Freedom666 .Have you tried to contact anyone else in Germany ..I know there there are a few C5s in the Country . I have sold some C5 items to people living in Germany ..PS I will have a go at contacting them ..Will get back to you if I have any luck ..bye Chas

Freedom666

« Reply #23 on: 28, May, 2010 - 21:39:17 »
Hello All,

my good friend who is an expert for E-bikes now had a close look on the C5. He told me that it is not a good idea to put li-ion accumulators on the C5 as this typical technical concept of the 80ies took advantage of the lead acid battery which is a less stiff supply of current.

As the motor seems to have no current limitation a li-ion battery will inevitably give too much peak current and will destroy the transmission system made of plastic.

As a conclusion the the unknown legislation in germany concerning the C5 I will sell all the relevant electronics from one or both c5s at ebay for the users in Great Britain who can profit from the purchase of functioning spare parts (gear box, motor, pod).

The C5 will be transformed to a pedelec system - this kind of "E-bike" is conform to EU legislation and free of work with the authorities.

The necessary parts could be bought for approx. 400,- euros. I will try to find a hub motor for the front wheel. For this the front fork would have to be modified because the motors I saw up to date won't fit.

Bye, D.

Freedom666

« Reply #24 on: 28, May, 2010 - 21:47:13 »
I had some days ago a visit from a technician from Canada.

He liked the design of the C5 a lot and all people admire the look.

He asked me immediately to buy one as he is unsure of getting a second hand model in Canada.

I had to disappoint him - I won't sell it!

Bye, D.