News:

"You Tube" footage of the C5alive meetings
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=303.0

Author Topic: Original paint colours  (Read 2344 times)

Offline jk

• Battery level: 1
Original paint colours
« on: 06, July, 2010 - 10:58:21 »
G'day All,
Does anyone know the colour codes, or an equivalent colour, for the original finish of a c5? (including chassis) Mine has already been painted before, but I'd like to return it to its original state.
Thanks,
Jason

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
Re: Original paint colours
« Reply #1 on: 06, July, 2010 - 17:50:21 »
Welcome to the Forum

The only paint on a C5 is grey on the chasis  and black on the seat frame at the back and the front forks, none of which is seen, so not that much of a problem when getting a match.

The rest was just unpainted white plastic for the main body and grey plastic for the underside and floor etc (lower half of the C5.

There are  some on the forum who have succsesfully painted the main body and there are various threads on this fourm on the best way to do that.

http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=166.0

Hope this helps.   

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 06, July, 2010 - 19:53:59 »
I know c5Martin used Grey "Hammerite Smoothrite" as a very close match, I tend to use chip-resistant paint meant for steel wheels instead.

I agree with what Plod says, for me the colour doesn't really matter as long as it does the job of looking after the chassis and looks neat and tidy  :)

Offline jk

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #3 on: 07, July, 2010 - 06:02:33 »
Thanks for the info so far.
However its a colour match for the original white plastic I would mostly like. My c5 has, at some stage, been painted purple, and then later on, some shade of white. So now with the existing scuff marks, there is exposed purple paint. I would like to repaint the white to match the original colour so that if i was to get any more scuffs, I would have the same paint to blend in, as well as returning it to its original state.
I have only found so far on this forum that ford olive grey is a close match to the grey plastic.