News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: Body swap  (Read 3914 times)

Offline danny7147

• Battery level: 10
  • If at first you don't succeed... pay someone else.
    • Bikes To The Future
Body swap
« on: 24, January, 2013 - 18:16:15 »
There must have been a thread about this, but I couldn't find it so I'll ask you now. I'm going to perform a body swap on the wrecked C5 in the garden, but I want to make sure I know how to do it before I start!

Obviously the handlebars need to come off, is that just a question of removing the centre bolt and pulling them?

Cranks... undo the centre bolt? What happens with the chainring? Does it mean removing the chain?

Karl

Re: Body swap
« Reply #1 on: 24, January, 2013 - 18:17:33 »
take a read through this section first;

http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,11.0.html

and here is a video Chas made..  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiSv35zsUtc

..always worth taking a look through the restoration links topic as well;
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,507.msg3793.html#msg3793
« Last Edit: 24, January, 2013 - 18:22:01 by BooBoo »

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
« Reply #2 on: 24, January, 2013 - 18:21:34 »
Hi there not sure where it is on the forum but if you go on YOUTUBE and look at my videos .JORDAN8ISH   it is there
Bye Chas

Offline danny7147

• Bikes To The Future
« Reply #3 on: 24, January, 2013 - 18:44:04 »
Interesting about the handlebars, the one on my wreck C5 seem well and truly jammed and rather annoyingly I just popped the ball joint out at the bottom twisting them  >:( I have a feeling it's going to need some persuasion... The body that's coming off, by the way, has been repainted blue. May do someone some use, but I've got a better body to go onto that one. If anyone wants the blue body then let me know and when I do manage to remove it, if you want to collect it you're welcome to it!

• Millennium Member
« Reply #4 on: 24, January, 2013 - 18:52:50 »
Hi there Danny where do you live ...I could do with a new body

Chas

• Millennium Member
« Reply #5 on: 24, January, 2013 - 18:57:41 »
It will not be the first time that I had to cut the handle bar stem of to get the body off
Best of luck ..Chas

Offline Luke S

• Luke 2000
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 5
  • Sinclair C5
    • brooklandsmuseum
« Reply #6 on: 24, January, 2013 - 19:02:06 »
 ::) ::)

Offline danny7147

• Bikes To The Future
« Reply #7 on: 24, January, 2013 - 19:14:56 »
Hi there Danny where do you live ...I could do with a new body

Chas

Bournemouth... fair distance... I can post a pic when it's a bit lighter. Like I say, if I can get it off then the body will be a freebie if you can find a way to get it to you!

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #8 on: 24, January, 2013 - 20:07:07 »
Interesting about the handlebars, the one on my wreck C5 seem well and truly jammed and rather annoyingly I just popped the ball joint out at the bottom twisting them  >:( I have a feeling it's going to need some persuasion... The body that's coming off, by the way, has been repainted blue. May do someone some use, but I've got a better body to go onto that one. If anyone wants the blue body then let me know and when I do manage to remove it, if you want to collect it you're welcome to it!

Hi Danny - I have had a few seized handle bars and so far have not had to cut one - the method I now find best is to soak it with some release spray then use a qtr inch socket set extension piece from underneath into the chassis hole that the handle bar fits into- this fits the stem perfectly- then rather crudely beat it out with a hammer   :)

Karl

« Reply #9 on: 24, January, 2013 - 20:27:37 »

there are a couple of piccies on this link that help show what Marty is saying
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,240.msg1703.html#msg1703

Offline danny7147

• Bikes To The Future
« Reply #10 on: 26, January, 2013 - 11:16:39 »
Appreciate the help guys, I'm taking it around to a friend of mine next week who has to tools and space so hopefully it won't be too hard. I don't think I'll ever get this one running, it's pedal only, no electrics, but what I'm intending is to mould lights for it to use as a 'show' bike to exhibit whatever we mould, and also take it to shows with the other one to give the public a chance to sit in one as there's no way on God's green earth I'd let them near mine lol!