News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: Segway Grand Prix  (Read 3908 times)

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
Segway Grand Prix
« on: 14, April, 2009 - 18:32:14 »
I know the C5 got beat by it on the gadget show :D , but while on holiday in Gt. Yarmouth, we came accross this :

http://www.seghire.com/sgp/

Didn't get to have a go , but it looked like a lot of fun. charging between £4 - £6 for 6 laps.

Wonder if a C5 grand prix would take off  :D :D

Daz

Offline MikeDX

• Battery level: 1
Re: Segway Grand Prix
« Reply #1 on: 14, April, 2009 - 18:55:17 »
Hey I saw that when we were in yarmouth. I didn't think it was worth £4 for it though. Saying that, I did enjoy the kiddie rides next to it (electric cars) for £1 a go :) :)

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: 14, April, 2009 - 19:44:57 »
As daft as it sounds - I think the C5 is better, it looks cooler, goes faster, its legal to use & cheeper. 

I guess I'm lazy too, and would rather ride to work on my *pardon my French* than have to stand - lol

Ian

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 14, April, 2009 - 20:00:31 »
I agree that the Gadget Show made the wrong choice, but having tried a Segway I have to concede they are also a lot of fun.

Umpa is right though, I also still prefer to own a C5 coz I simply couldn't afford to buy and run a Segway - let alone find somewhere to use the thing.

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
« Reply #4 on: 14, April, 2009 - 21:36:07 »
Hey I saw that when we were in yarmouth. I didn't think it was worth £4 for it though. Saying that, I did enjoy the kiddie rides next to it (electric cars) for £1 a go :) :)

Those electric cars were great fun, although my 6 year old son kept beating me on them every time we had a race  :D :D
Best bet, stick to the Smart Cars ... the racing cars were just too slow  :D :D

Daz

Offline MikeDX

« Reply #5 on: 14, April, 2009 - 21:48:33 »
There are some incriminating photos and videos of me on the electric cars (with my 1 year old son I might add) of us being pushed around by a friend of ours for a whole lap! Hilarious!